Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"NAMPA, Idaho (AP) - Federal authorities are leading an investigation in southwest Idaho after the bodies of an ostrich, a pig and three coyotes were found in the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area...Ada County Sheriff's Office spokesman Patrick Orr...tells the Idaho Press-Tribune that it's not unusual to find animal carcasses in the area but the combination of an ostrich, pig and coyotes is weird."

http://www.khq.com/story/29168524/dead-ostrich-pig-found-in-sw-idaho-conservation-area

Somewhere here is a good joke.

"An ostrich, a pig and three coyotes walk into a bar..."

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A coyote hunting friend of mine was hunting elsewhere with another guy and they ran across an ostrich. The guy he was with told him to shoot it, so my buddy did.

To hear him describe it was hilarious! laugh He hit it in the neck, and said a chicken flopping around with it's head cut off cannot compare... He said it tore up about an acre.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
They are delish.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Tell them I want my ostrich! I need a pair of boots, a wallet, a holster, and a belt!

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Be that as it may... They flat-out stink.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well,,,, since they didn't mention any signs of sexual assault I think it's safe to say we can rule out Travis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll just add that although farm animals were involved, the K-9 shot was a Coyote and not someone's cow dog so it's doubtful that SBH was involved in this caper either.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Two coyotes board a plane........the first one has a possum under his arm.......the second coyote has a possum under one arm, and a squirrel under the other.........Stewardess tells the second coyote "I'm sorry, only one carion (carry-on)is allowed."

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It doesn't say they were shot, only that they were dead.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RickyD

For gods sake,,,, can one simple, harmless thread go by without some nit picking SOB starting chit on this f@##$% site?

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Absolutely, cause of death was not specified...

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

For gods sake,,,, can one simple, harmless thread go by without some nit picking SOB starting chit on this f@##$% site?
And it didn't specifically say they were dead, but bodies and carcass seems to point in that direction.

Lighten up, Sugar. It's almost the weekend. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Probably pushed out a 3rd story window.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm thinking the coyotes were in a love triangle, shots were fired, the pig and ostrich wandered onto the scene by accident and were taken out to avoid witnesses, then the remaining coyote committed suicide in a fit of remorse. We are awaiting forensic evidence to support this theory.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Probably pushed out a 3rd story window.

laugh laugh

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

"God's" should be capitalized and "nit-picking" is hyphenated.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Well,,,, since they didn't mention any signs of sexual assault I think it's safe to say we can rule out Travis.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in Brazil, looking for that sweet thang riding on the motorcycle in the yellow thong.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

You know, the cops frequently withhold details in cases as a means of being sure they get the right perp. Being as this is Montana, they might have to wad through more than a few perps.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Was it ISIS? Maybe the pig was making fun of Mohammed.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Willy Coyote said that when he saw a road runner that big. Pigs should be able to fly.

Threw the pig in the air and it landed on him killing both of them and the ostrich died laughing.

That's what happened.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This ostrich

[Linked Image]

was nearly shot several times during the Campfire Hog Hunt, due to aggression, but it was alive the last I saw of it, in South Texas. Considering it chased women and children, the ranch managers were eager to skewer it with an arrow. Maybe it wised up, and took off running to Montucky. smirk

Or maybe there's a tiger running loose in Monatana?

[video:youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU7nvLW4po[/video]

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 05/29/15.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was Bowhunting on a buddy's Ranch in Coleman, TX a few years back, and I heard something crashing through the brush right at daylight right behind the feeder,. So I get out my binos, and see these two Huge ass Dinosaur looking legs, and then a damn Ostrich pops up 25 yards from me. Decided pretty quickly that I didn't want to fling an arrow at him and have him run off with one of my $25 Carbon Express Arrows!

This was a year before you could legally carry a Handgun, in TX, during Archery Season.

Nowadays, since they changed the TX Law, allowing CHL Holders to legally carry a Handgun in Archery only Season, I'm usually packing my Glock 20 in 10mm, or one of my Ruger BlackHawks, or a Colt SAA in .45 Colt.

And two years before that I was hunting that very same bow blind and had a Mountain Lion pass with in 30 yards of me right at dusk!

Last edited by chlinstructor; 05/29/15.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I was Bowhunting on a buddy's Ranch in Coleman, TX a few years back, and I heard something crashing threw the brush right at daylight right behind the feeder,. So I get out by binos, and see these two Huge ass Dinosaur looking legs, and then a damn Ostrich pops up 25 yards from me. Decided pretty quickly that I didn't want to fling an arrow at him and have him run off with one of my $25 Carbon Express Arrows!

Airgun time! grin

I'm afraid I'd have had to shot at the lion.. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
I was Bowhunting on a buddy's Ranch in Coleman, TX a few years back, and I heard something crashing threw the brush right at daylight right behind the feeder,. So I get out by binos, and see these two Huge ass Dinosaur looking legs, and then a damn Ostrich pops up 25 yards from me. Decided pretty quickly that I didn't want to fling an arrow at him and have him run off with one of my $25 Carbon Express Arrows!

Airgun time! grin

I'm afraid I'd have had to shot at the lion.. wink

Oh the thought did seriously cross my mind!
But it was about a mile walk back to the truck and I had left my flashlight and cell phone in the truck, that evening. And I was thinking that tracking a wounded cougar in the dark with a bow in my hand was not gonna be such a good idea ! eek

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I bet the 'drumsticks' on the ostrich were missing!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
This ostrich

[Linked Image]

was nearly shot several times during the Campfire Hog Hunt, due to aggression, but it was alive the last I saw of it, in South Texas. Considering it chased women and children, the ranch managers were eager to skewer it with an arrow. Maybe it wised up, and took off running to Montucky. smirk

Or maybe there's a tiger running loose in Monatana?

[video:youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPU7nvLW4po[/video]

Can we assume that the bike belongs to the bird?

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
687 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 17CalFan, 16Racing, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,620
Posts18,398,530
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.