-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I started a thread on this same problem on May 28th. The problem still exists. It has shown up periodically but is almost constant any more. Since I don't plan to reconfigure my computer for one site I will likely just log in for shorter and shorter periods. Whether it will eventually kill my desire to use the site or not I am not sure.

Jim

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have a box stock iPhone 6 that has zero issues with this site?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"Its not the site, it runs fine."

You're are right! I was about to give up on this site as much as I like it until I installed adblocker plus then all the problems went away. I have Windows 7 and use Internet Explorer. I don't use my "smart" phone to surf the internet so I don't know whether it works or not and don't care.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by EdM
I have a box stock iPhone 6 that has zero issues with this site?

My iPhone 6plus is stock as well. Something about it and this site just don't mix. I can pick up my iPad and skip to this site and I'm still or automatically logged in.

With my iPhone, I'm kicked off regularly and if I switch to another we page or sit the phone down for more than maybe 5-10 minutes, I have to log back in.

This is a different issue from "experienced a problem with is website..." message when my browser automatically reloads the site. I struggled typing a message over 15 minutes timeframe. Got booted 5 times. Doesn't seem to happen quite as frequently in the last couple days.

If someone has a fix for me and this iphone 6, I would gladly listen. Perhaps there is a cookie setting wrong???

Montana MOFO
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guys:

I have moved this to TTW and have a few techie guys monitoring this thread as we try to get to the bottom of this.

This appears to be happening to a subset of users only, and I need to know why. FYI, I got into a brand spanking new iPhone 6 Plus this weekend, which was immediately upgraded to iOS 8.3 (the latest), and I cannot get it to reload no matter how I try. On my old iphone 5, I got the occasional reload, but very rarely.

So, if you would give me some feedback:

1] What device are you running, and what operating system?

2] Are you using cellular service or wifi? If wifi, are you on broadband. How fast is your connection?

3] Please run a speedtest and post your results: Just click this link: http://www.speedtest.net/ then click BEGIN TEST.

3] On what forums does it happen?

4] Does it happen on the Active Topics link (http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/activetopics/7/1)

Please hit that Active Topics link a few times to see.

THANKS for all your input.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Cable company just sent me a new high speed modem. Computer, Ipad and Iphone are running at warp speed. Pics download almost instantly. Have received the reload warning a couple times, but only on the iPhone. However, it is gone almost as fast as it came on.

Typing issues have also disappeared.

Beeeeeg difference.

laissez les bons temps rouler
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Firefox with ad blocker on Windows laptop, Android phone, and two different Android tablets. No problems in a long time.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
now re typing my reply due to the reload issue making first attempt dissapear just prior to hitting send. I get this reload constantly on an iPad Air 2 with most current software. Thanks and appreciate the site. This has been about a three month issue for me.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
RickBin, 24HourCampfire is the only site that is giving me trouble. I can read for awhile but after several jumps to different threads it locks up with a message that says “24HourCampfire is not responding”. It takes awhile but it reloads the page, and then continues to lock up with increasing frequency.

If I try to reply to a post, it lets me type one or maybe two lines and then locks up, reloads etc. and then allows 5-15 keystrokes before locking up again. I'm typing this in my word processor to cut and paste (hopefully) because it could take 10-15 minutes to get this much typed on the 'Fire itself.

Running Windows 7 Ultimate
Speed test:
PNG 26 ms
Download speed 5.91 Mbps
Upload speed 0.72 Mbps

Seven lock-ups to get this far plus booted off once so will retry. No problem with any other site.

Locks up the same on Active topics.

Last edited by Okanagan; 07/06/15.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (16penny, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 50 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,137 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.