Ya know, it distresses the Hell out of me to see two good friends of mine, Greg and Butch, go back and forth like this.

You're both better than this. Both of you are supremely talented, skilled, and experienced machinists, shooters, and gun builders.

Granted, Butch's experience lies with BR and modern CF Rifles, from shooting them, to building them, to working at one of the best barrel makers in the country, and Greg is a known expert in the field of BPCR from a shooter, to builder, to restoration, and designer.

Greg, Butch, I think both of you have a lot in common and if given the chance to it down, face to face, you'd figure this out.

From my meager knowledge, I think you both are right. There still is magic in the firearms field, keeping in mind the old adage; "One man's science is another man's magic".

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell