Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Missouri is also going to start a point system and lottery draw for non-residents in 2016

Starting in the spring 2016 non-residents will have to draw a rifle buck tag and buy a non-resident hunting and fishing permit

It will also be noted that to draw a buck tag it will require 3 points

Each year of not being drawn you will receive a point after 3 points you will draw on the 4th try

Points will be purged to zero every 3 years

Curious, how many NR shoot how many deer each year?

Looks like this way a NR draws a deer tag every 4 years.

i've no issues with that, but wonder if its addressing the problem.

Note_ I have not followed this thread that thorougly so if I missed the answer my apologies.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If it takes 3 points to draw a tag on year 4 but you loose your points after 3 years how long does it take to figure out a farce?

I left a couple easy hints.....Dink figured it out

All jokes aside

However.....the 4 point law will still be lifted in the CWD zones along with 2 antlerless tag limit

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by mohick
Nope retired! And know more $hit on the money grubbing. tax wasting agency than anyone should. But they have a way of keeping you from letting it out if you want your retirement , insurance etc etc. Know one thing for sure it is time fore their sales tax windfall to go away. Getting to where they can't even waste it all every year.

Your name ain't Brain is it ?

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by rost495
Be nice if they let y'all shoot does instead of killing a promising buck just for meat.

I've never much understood why anyone would want to do that.

But its life. Different strokes for different folks.

Spread restriction works really well here, and I am so thankful they put it in, was tired of not seeing anything becuase anything with antlers got shot by the shoot anything crowd.

5 years into spread(age) restriction and I took 2 bucks almost 140ish inches with my bow..... and now I can take one every year I want to, if the need or desire is there.

Generally I'm too busy killing the culls rather than the decent ones.

They do / did been antlerless only tags and 1 anydeer permit (either antlered or antlerless) for years now

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
If I didn't read the header would have sworn this was a Pa Deer thread. Looks like we are not alone in complaining about how are Deer are managed.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
NO I am not Brian but I worked with him some. If you know him and what he went through, you know what a bunch of idiots we are talking about here. Did you used to live north and west of where you are now ??

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
If I didn't read the header would have sworn this was a Pa Deer thread. Looks like we are not alone in complaining about how are Deer are managed.

Same comment could apply to a Michigan hunting board.

They instituted antler restrictions in the NW part of this state 2-3 years ago after being pressured by some wannabe Bone Collectors who don't even live up here who claimed that not killing a buck when it is young magically makes it a healthier deer, when in fact, it lets a young deer with wacky genetics breed when it could have been taken out of the herd.

Burns my ass that I pay taxes on my own land and a bunch of apple-knockers and biologists who don't even live around here can tell me what I can and can't shoot on it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
NR hunters don't hurt the deer population much if any. Most of us (yea, I'm NR) mostly go to hunt MO because of family and touching base with home. I don't really care if I kill a deer or not, and I "self-limit" myself to one deer a year. The arguments heard on MWT and other websites often forget that, or the greedy, grasping, and selfish resident goobs just want to keep "their" deer to themselves.

Same old story, same old whining.

MO's deer numbers the past few years have dropped some. Not so much where I hunt, that's been pretty steady, but in other areas CWD and EHD HAVE eaten up some numbers. It happens every few years, though the past few years have been worse.

I hunt the CWD zone, but I'm not seeing a die-off where I hunt, it's been pretty good.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
NO I am not Brian but I worked with him some. If you know him and what he went through, you know what a bunch of idiots we are talking about here. Did you used to live north and west of where you are now ??
I'm right in the north east edge of Lawrence county very close to Dade almost as close to Greene, been there pretty much my whole life

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Here is my 3 cents from PA. The PA Game Commission has been backing off on doe tags and hunt time in my area for the last two years. I hunt public land and see almost no other hunters, even the first day. Unheard of 20 years ago. With almost no hunting pressure the deer population should be out of hand. Not. The only good thing is if you do see a deer, it will almost certainly be a buck because the herd is so out of wack in this area now.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
NR hunters don't hurt the deer population much if any. Most of us (yea, I'm NR) mostly go to hunt MO because of family and touching base with home. I don't really care if I kill a deer or not, and I "self-limit" myself to one deer a year. The arguments heard on MWT and other websites often forget that, or the greedy, grasping, and selfish resident goobs just want to keep "their" deer to themselves.

MO's deer numbers the past few years have dropped some. Not so much where I hunt, that's been pretty steady, but in other areas CWD and EHD HAVE eaten up some numbers. It happens every few years, though the past few years have been worse.

I hunt the CWD zone, but I'm not seeing a die-off where I hunt, it's been pretty good.

Aren't you from Kentucky? Kentucky non-resident fees have always been considerably higher than Missouri. Missouri is way late on increasing their non-resident fees to fall closer in line with other states. Quit yer whining and pay up or stay home - simple.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If you don't mind me asking, what type of position did you work in with the MDC?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by MOGC
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Aren't you from Kentucky? Kentucky non-resident fees have always been considerably higher than Missouri. Missouri is way late on increasing their non-resident fees to fall closer in line with other states. Quit yer whining and pay up or stay home - simple.

I have no objection to paying a reciprocal fee. I DO object to whiney azzholes complaining that we NR folks shoot "their" deer. My family farms a lot of acreage and they feed a whole host of wildlife, deer included. Some knucklehead jassack from St. Louis' little 20 acre 'patch of heaven' that they are complaining are stealing "their deer" DO irritate me. I wasn't referencing you MOGC, I know you from MWT, where there ARE some of those whiners, and we both know who they are.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
NR hunters DO have a huge impact. I used to hunt Maryland and the PA hunters (Better shots, I guess) destroyed that area I hunted. It was a good deer populated area that had a lottery for NR doe tags. Once they allowed liberal doe hunting in that area it ruined it. I hunted there for years and hardly saw any PA plates. Once they opened up more doe tags it looked like the circus came to town.
I noticed the same thing hunting West Virginia, only it is not as bad there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ratsmacker,
I am completely in favor of reciprocal fees. However, that doesn't seem to be happening. For the first time Missouri is on the upper side of the fee situation, depending upon which state you compare. Some states still have higher fees though the gap narrowed some now. So this is what it is and the choice is clear and no amount of complaining changes it.

You seem like a good guy and I understand you hunt family owned property. I can appreciate the tradition and heritage involved in that. My situation dealing with some non-resident groups hunting public ground in the Ozark's hasn't been positive. And it isn't about the deer/turkey though some of them have admitted poaching a deer or turkey for "camp meat" and not tagging small deer at all. Mostly my bitch is the complete lack of respect they have for the ground, rivers, game and local people. I get tired of picking up their damned trash left scattered around a campsite when they haul ass back to Illinois. Seeing them hack with a chainsaw an ATV trail because they're too damned lazy and stupid to get a deer out of the timber. Locals are two toothed knuckle dragging inbreds - according to them. I could go on but there's no point, you should get it by now.

In reference to MWT, I don't read all those long winded threads. That site is very cliquish and has an over abundance of dumbphucktitude. I skim read it and that's about I can stomach.

Last edited by MOGC; 06/17/15.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I think the point system for a draw is stupid ,I think raising the out of state license fee is a good idea ,limiting doe harvest in counties that need it is also good .also doe season where need be eliminated. I see some pretty damn good deer with the 4 point rule undecided on that yet.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
We try not to shoot any under 150, that eliminates worrying about counting points. Any eight pointer that you have trouble seeing if it's legal, you need to let go anyway.

The problem people have with NR in Mo. is the fact that we are bordered by states that are nearly impossible to draw a tag, while we take in them all. Our farm is on the line, and we have numerous places we could hunt in Ia, as farmers own land on both sides.....except we can't get a tag. Meanwhile in our county, the roads are patrolled by legions of out of state road hunters as well as serious hunters.

We manage our doe kill and bucks, still have good numbers and good trophies on our land.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i have a serious problem with them doing away with the 4 pt rule. it's saving all the young bucks from the brown and down crowd. they need to reduce the doe tags as well from unlimited to 1 or 2.

FJB
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
rockchucker, You cannot have it all. Think about this: Do you really believe that your Game Commission is going to let all those bucks walk around and browse the area bald and destroy crops, while letting the doe increase to do the same? It has been shown in the states that adopted ARs that it only works in limited access areas where over hunting cannot occur. There have always been big deer in PA and there still is, only now a heck of a lot less of them. AR is like reverse Darwinism, let the sick and stupid survive. Bad things happen when you try to engineer nature.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by battue
The grass is always greener

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 8 invisible), 1,691 guests, and 912 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,198
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.