Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
http://missionarchery.com/product/mxb-360/

Buddy of mine bought one yesterday, and is raving about how quiet, compact and light it is. He said the bow shop just got them in.

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Interesting - looking at some of the reviews on line, sounds like its being reviewed about 50/50 on buy now, and wait and see.

This will give me an excuse to visit my Mission dealer. Most of the concern on the new design seems to center around cam lean at full draw.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It still has the bolt riding down a track in the stock. When will any of the other crossbow makers join PSE and the 20th Century and have he bolt on an actual rest?

C
CBB Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
From the reviews i have read and my limited experience with crossbows, i wouldnt be running out to buy one.. Many less than favorable reviews. However i have been reading about a new one that will be coming out soon that seems may be just what i have been looking for.. Athens Apocalypse.. i am definitely looking forward to seeing their finished product that will be built in Indiana.

Hunt...
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I went back and did a search for the reviews, and you guys are right, it's about 50/50 for this bow.

I am shooting my buddies next week, so I will see for myself if the concerns are going to be problems or not. I tried to get him to buy an Excalibur like mine, but he didn't want to deal with the width.

Last edited by cooperfan; 09/16/12.
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I'd be interested in your thoughts after shooting it. I'm going to call my local shop tomorrow and see if they have one in.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I finally went and shot my buddies Mission bow. I was very impressed with the size, weight, speed, quietness and accuracy of this bow, out to 40 yards it would blow out the center of the x with ease. I wished Mathews would have put a foot stirrup on the bow as the design is less than easy to cock the bow, the safety could have been better located and is ungodly loud to click on and off, and the forearm feels cheap and is uncomfortable to me (we shot off a rifle rest). Trigger was average at best. Overall I wont be selling my Excal anytime soon, but was impressed with the Mission's size, speed and accuracy. It's a hunters bow for sure.

Last edited by cooperfan; 10/12/12.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My father recently bought a Parker Tornado and I had the chance to shoot it a couple of days ago. I had never fired a crossbow before and it was surpisingly accurate. It is a bit large and heavy. If the Mission bow is a bit smaller and lighter, that would certainly make it interesting.

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Any more info about the Athens Apocalypse?

Athens makes a great bow - I expect the same out of their crossbow!!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
my excaliber has an aluminum track. not sure what pse offers?

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I finally went and shot my buddies Mission bow. I was very impressed with the size, weight, speed, quietness and accuracy of this bow, out to 40 yards it would blow out the center of the x with ease. I wished Mathews would have put a foot stirrup on the bow as the design is less than easy to cock the bow, the safety could have been better located and is ungodly loud to click on and off, and the forearm feels cheap and is uncomfortable to me (we shot off a rifle rest). Trigger was average at best. Overall I wont be selling my Excal anytime soon, but was impressed with the Mission's size, speed and accuracy. It's a hunters bow for sure.

Another reason to go with the PSE as it uses AR triggers so you can get a crossbow with a great trigger as opposed to the 1/2" with 5 jerks on most crossbows.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matthews needs to do some "refining" before I'd look at one.

I'm pretty much a Tenpoint "lifer".......

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I shot one at my local dealer, I found the Mission crossbow quieter than most crossbows I have shot. I feel they will make many changes to the bow in the next 2 years...I am waiting.

Doc

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Slightly off-topic but has anyone tried the PSE Cross Bow on an AR lower?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by cooperfan
http://missionarchery.com/product/mxb-360/

Buddy of mine bought one yesterday, and is raving about how quiet, compact and light it is. He said the bow shop just got them in.
Does your buddy know much about crossbows? cause this sure ain't one of the better bows on the market right now....................Hb

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Which one is?

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
Ten Point makes a great bow, they are solidly built and have good triggers. If you like recurves then Excalibur is tops. My next bow will have the reverse limb design and it will most likely be a Scorpyd. Very fast, superb triggers and narrow width combine to make them easy to handle up in the tree stand. Matthews builds a great vertical bow, once they figure things out their xbows will be top class too.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by John55
If you like recurves then Excalibur is tops.

I'm an Excalibur fan. No timing issues to worry about and you can replace the string in the field with no press.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (1337Fungi, 1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,130 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,155
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.