But, alas some of us live elsewhere. grin

I look forward my time out west and up north but here in Md we do have some enjoyable fly fishing and given it's the Mid Atlantic some of it's urban but even there you find some surprising isolation so I thought I'd share some pictures of the Middle Fork of the Patuxent. It's 15 minutes from the house. Come June (especially this year it seems) you can keep a couple and you might as well as even the Brown's won't make it through the summer.

You get out early and it's still a bit chilly.

[Linked Image]

As I said, it's urban. Here's the parking area and walk in down the washed out road.

[Linked Image]

The rules are posted but we still get a fair amount of poaching

[Linked Image]

It's a pretty little stream with nice holes. Insect population isn't great but a few Caddis and some Sulfur mayflies will come off if the temps and light are right.

[Linked Image]

But the trout are there. I help TU put the fish in via a float stock and we put 1500 browns and 1500 rainbows in the mile and half of the catch and release water. They give us about 10% trophy so an 18-20" fish is not out of the possibility

[Linked Image]

I often fish a Elk Hair Caddis with a Pheasant Tail or Copper John dropper and that works well. The fish are more picky about location and size than the actual fly.

[Linked Image]

That's all for now. Wife and I are on vacation next week at our camp in WV so I'll post some Western MD pics when I get back. No, I'd rather live west but the work is good and true here and we'll make the best of it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated