Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I've been watching the seconds over on Nosler's site for awhile. Recently the 17 caliber HPs went from $7.95 to $10.95. As of today they're $12.95. Other bullets which were recently around $16.95 or $18.95 are overnight up to $29.95. Obviously, the deals are still okay, but it would appear to be a reflection of bad things to come. Anyone have any insight (or inside wink ) on this?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Klik,

Our battery prices are going up ten percent......and we just raised our prices last month.

Metal is going up, if for no other reason than speculators and Arab oil tycoons want it to.

The inflation is creeping in.....big time.

1976 is here again!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No doubt. I was expecting to see our metals go up, since raw prices are, but......the price jumps on ShooterPro are huge!

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Its not good when our prices (and raw material prices) go up when the demand is at NA seasonal low, short term wise.

The last time lead hit record highs, it was in December (its always higher or slightly so during winter production).

This does not bode well for economic recovery.

Check your tires quick too....

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

That is an incredible price increase......I about fell outta' my chair when I went to Shooters Pro Shop......and I was about to order some 30 cal bullets......damn......

I'm sure the rest of the manufacturers are going to follow suit.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe we should try to get together a group buy of bullets before these price increases hit the retailers.

I get dealer pricing at Grafs and have not seen any large price increases recently.

If there is interest the dealer prices are pretty attractive.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Could it be that they are looking for a bit more margin too?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Much of the recent increases in the price of gas and metals has nothing to do with "normal" supply and demand. It is driven by the devaluation of our American dollar.
Gold at $1500+ per ounce and silver around $50 are telling you that your dollar is being seriously discounted.
Run into Home Depot or Lowes, a foot of half inch copper pipe is over a buck!

Imagine your grave on a windy winter night. You've been dead for 70 years.
It's been 50 since a visitor last paused at your tombstone.....
Now explain why you're in a pissy mood today.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by fishdog52
Much of the recent increases in the price of gas and metals has nothing to do with "normal" supply and demand. It is driven by the devaluation of our American dollar.
Gold at $1500+ per ounce and silver around $50 are telling you that your dollar is being seriously discounted.
Run into Home Depot or Lowes, a foot of half inch copper pipe is over a buck!

You're right about the dollar being one of the primary factors--but the developing countries are consuming more--just look at agricultural prices--that's the first thing people do when they make a little money--buy more/better food.

The USA is no longer the only game in town, we will be competing for more of the world's resources at higher prices.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
We started getting notices about ammo and component increases sometime around Dec '10. Since then prices have generally risen for wholesale buyers. That said, yesterday I checked in bullets from three different companies. Some wholesale prices held, some rose and some fell. The changes were not specific to a particular company.

Ammo however is another story. It has been going up 20-30%. I bought several thousand dollars of Rem CL's in most of the even remotely popular cartridges to beat the price increase. The way things are going, I won't have any left for hunting season. People are buying now, aware that soon ammo will almost be prohibitively expensive.

Right now, I am trying to restock when I find a sale at a wholesalers. It is the only way I can keep things affordable.

The biggest shocker to me is the amount of pull down bullets that are going out the door. It is not unusual to have someone by 1000+ bullets in hunting calibers. The 224's and the 6mms have always sold well, but now I am seeing 277. 284 & 308 being bought in lots of 1000.

We had silver coins for gift certs. .999 pure troy oz coins were used for $25 gift certificates. We had a couple of hundred. They are all sold, and I haven't seen one come back in quite some time.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by nsaqam

I get dealer pricing at Grafs and have not seen any large price increases recently.

The jump on ShootersPro happened between Monday and Tuesday....very recent IOW. It might be a sign of things to come, or there may be another reason (like greater demand 'cause too many guys promote those seconds deals here on the Fire. grin )

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Wow, that is crazy. I just looked last week and decided I didn't need any thing right now. Now I really don't need any thing. eek
Thanks BO and Congress.

The critters have to win every time, I only have to win once. www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com outfitters
65-43-22-5
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I often wonder about ammo prices rising the way they do I mean i can still buy 30-06 or 30-30 from $12.00-$18.00 a box
Granted it is remington or winchester but shouldnt it go up in cost the same as other ammo I have seen federal ammo double in price and can usuaaly buy hornady for about $10.00 less a box than federal and consider it to be on the same level prices just seem to be all over the place with no cosistency

gene

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see, their "seconds" are as good as firsts and demand is through the roof. I wonder why their prices are going up? Supply & demand + high quality = raise your prices.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
In the simple sense that works. However, the marketplace seems pretty competitive, therefore, one would not expect the more than 50% increase unless it also reflected some other variables involved. And it isn't just Partitions; it's also E-tips, and Accubonds. I suspect we'll see other prices jumping. (Perhaps soe will see this and buy what they can where they can before it happens. Then we can say it was the demand that drove prices higher. wink )

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Those are certainly some very stiff increases, but it doesn't surprise me at all. The gig is up on Nosler 2nds and I'm surprised it didn't happen long ago. A few years back it seemed like finding desired 2nds bullets in stock was a non-issue. It hasn't been that way for quite a while.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I ordered some seconds (7mm accubonds and partitions) last week before the prices went up. It's better to be lucky than good.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by jlboykin
I ordered some seconds (7mm accubonds and partitions) last week before the prices went up. It's better to be lucky than good.

Same here. It turned out that they were out of the 160 gr Partiton's so they emailed and offered me 160 gr Accubonds instead. OK. I will give them a go.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Reminds me of the old Wall Street saying:

Young guy: "Why'd stocks go down today?"
Old guy: "More sellers than buyers."

Although commodity prices (including metals) are going up, I think the Nosler seconds shop secret among shooters is out, and they are raising prices beyond just the mere passing along of raw material cost increases.

For those of you self-employed shopkeepers: If you had something that sold out everytime in about 48-72 hours, would you consider raising the price? A little simple math via the Elasticity of Demand formula, and decision made.

So, Nosler's decision for their seconds shop may not be applicable across the industry.

Murphy was a grunt.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I talked about the price increases with a representative of Grafs yesterday and he told me that at the beginning of April most of the bullet makers raised their prices.
While most of them raised the prices 4-5%, Nosler raised their prices 15%.

Sounds to me like Nosler is raising capital to replace the building they blew up not too long ago. wink grin

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 160user, 47 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,139 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,825
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.