Thanks

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
GB1

IA_fog #19395103 Yesterday at 05:13 PM
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'd see where I hit the lands with the bullet I wanted first.

You may have to seat deeper than that to fit in the magazine but tikka also offers M+ magazines that let you seat bullets out farther

IA_fog #19395168 Yesterday at 05:44 PM
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
∆What he said.∆

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
IA_fog #19395221 Yesterday at 06:10 PM
D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I'd try factory OAL length and see how it shoots. I load Sierra 150gr RN bullets seated to the cannelure and mine shoots great. Even with me shooting it .....

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
IA_fog #19395225 Yesterday at 06:12 PM
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
1st thing I pick a bullet. You may find one that fits stock mag. I have 2 tikka 308's. Lite and CTR. Both shoot great at 2.810" which fits original mag. I do load longer as well and both of mine have LA bolt stops and longer mags. 130ttsx and 155 scenars

IC B2

IA_fog #19395233 Yesterday at 06:19 PM
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have 3 rifles in 308. I load so cartridges will all just fit the magazine of the gun with the shortest mag azine. They all shoot great. I have no idea what my OAL is.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
IA_fog #19395341 Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I doubt you'll hit the lands @ 2.810" with anything

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Dude270
I'd see where I hit the lands with the bullet I wanted first.

You may have to seat deeper than that to fit in the magazine but tikka also offers M+ magazines that let you seat bullets out farther

Yep, I'd be ordering a M+ magazine. It's definitely going to be needed. Save the M magazine, that the 308 came with, for a 22-250.

Originally Posted by MuskegMan
I doubt you'll hit the lands @ 2.810" with anything

You are absolutely right. In some instances, the TTSX will work at that length, since they tend to like a little jump to the lands. Everything else, has been in the 2.830"-2.920" range, which require the M+ magazine.

Here's an example. 168SMK loaded to 2.900" OAL:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's only a suggestion, the OP can do what he wants, but I generally get better accuracy/precision when the bullet is about .020" off the lands, and in most cases, the M magazine does not cut it..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tikka OEM mags are absolute fhuqking dog schit,excepting CTR's. I'd make the CTR swap and then drive Skinners expressly. Kiss,find pressure and rock on. Hint.

'17 burn rate or slower,for load density,which will lower ES/SD by default. Alpha brass for me. Hint.

Just sayin'.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Forget about the lands. Trying to "touch" the lands is for smooth brains. The lands are a moving target and anybody who does shooting to any volume understands that its a fool's errand. Smart people are either going to jump or seat firmly in the lands without jamming.

Its a hunting rifle. Jump it.

First thing, get out your Garmin or Lab Radar, work up to a consistent and acceptable velocity. Since its a Tikka, you won't be near the lands at mag length. Start at mag length and then increase your jump by 0.020" until you find the groups you find acceptable.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You Whining CLUELESS Brokedicks are a hoot! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart for trying though.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Saying "hint" and other bullshit and posting the same tired pictures doesn't mean anything. Actual experience matters, and all you do is cry and call names like the childish POS you are. Nice try, though.

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keep your Brokedick Hurt Feeler Reports coming,despite it being your sole "move". Hint.

Pardon my ability to simply reflect in the first hand upon 100's of barrels,as you Whine and Pretend aloud. Hint.

Hint.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Look at Little Dick’s scope mounting jobs. [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Aww, joking that I’m poor?

[img]https://imgur.com/gallery/AFWaDp1[/img]

Oh, but you’re so experienced you say? Let’s see your accomplishments. Oh wait, you can’t.

Little dick can’t mount a scope, but I’m poor despite owning many $5000 rifles, S&B optics, and I don’t know anything yet win precision rifle competitions.

You really gotta come up with new material. You’re boring as you are stupid.

Last edited by drop_point; 1 minute ago.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You came in first, second, and third place?

Or am I misreading your picture?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by David_Walter
You came in first, second, and third place?

Or am I misreading your picture?

Multiple competitions.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
She greedily reads my EVERY word and ogles EVERY Splendid Pixel,as she "lives" vicariously. mainly because it's her ONLY "move",which is never not funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Ask her how many times a day she thinks about me(on the average),if only for context. That number GREATLY exceeds her round count. The Hurt Feeler Reports quantify how very WELL founded,her countless Insecurities are. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I rest my case. What a joke.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

There is also a part 2.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my being afforded the luxuries,of not being forced to guess. Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute",as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

You Google Gals are a fhuqking riot! Hint.

Hint.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (007FJ, 160user, 2500HD, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 240NMC, 63 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,652
Posts18,455,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.