Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I bought one of the now infamous L/A Ti's from Numrich's. Great deals (thanks for the tip himmelrr). I decided I wanted one of the SAUM's instead. A guy here wanted to trade, so I took him up on it. My concerns.

1. A few days went by before he confirmed. No big deal. He said he was out of town.

2. He said he was sending his out, so I sent mine out. It's been almost 10 days, and still no stock from him. Mine got there via USPS in two days.

3. I sent him multiple PM's and phone messages. Nothing returned.

4. I called him yesterday and he answered. I told him who I was and he fumbled for an explanation, stating he had been out of town again.

5. I persisted somewhat, and he said it had been sent out two Fridays ago...the same day he said he was sending it. When I asked how, he said he couldn't remember if it was USPS or UPS.

6. I asked him for a tracking number (I sent mine with insurance and delivery confirmation as a courtesy). He said he couldn't get that for me until his kid returned with his truck as they were in his console. He said he would call when his kid returned. I've not heard word one back, and I have yet again left messages via PM, phone, and email.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy is a f'n flake at best, and a thief at worst. A simple "sorry, I f'd up and will send your stock out right away" would be an acceptable response. I'd be more than ok with that! Hey, [bleep] happens. [bleep] has happened to me, and I've always gone out of my way to communicate! However, this dude hasn't followed thru on any of his commitments, and he has my stock to boot.

How hard is it to send a quick note or drop a quick line? I've always believed that your integrity is everything.

Am I off base here?

Last edited by remfak; 03/21/10.
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Nope

Rick
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like you may have been had. I hope not. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Nope, post a name.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Am I off base here?

Hell no. I would be very concerned. Post his name and location to save others from dealing with him.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B2

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
"apexpredator"

Harveys Lake, PA

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
remfak I'm not far from harveys lake, shoot me is full name and address and I'll go pay him a visit for you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my .02 is that communication make's the difference between a good deal and a bad deal.

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by poleman
my .02 is that communication make's the difference between a good deal and a bad deal.

I agree completely! Like I said, all the dude had to do was fess up and say he f'd up! "It" happens. But heck, come on now....

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I would be more than concerned. I would be way pi**ed

IC B3

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
PM sent gemby58. Your offer is mighty kind of you!! I don't know, maybe I should give the guy a couple more days? Why do I feel like the schmuck when I'm the one out a stock right now?

There's a lot of very nice people here! I've learned a ton, bought, sold, and traded with many, and have never had an issue.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I am surprised he gave you his phone number if he was really looking to screw you. He probably just is being a lazy ass and not getting your stock shipped out. Just my guess....

Id be [bleep] pissed myself. You make a deal you hold up your end of the deal END OF STORY.

Rick
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Been in your shoes - know the feeling and it sucks. My deal was on Gunbroker and the guy totally flaked out - cost me a few hundred bucks. However, it's the only one of several hundred deals here and there that have gone bad. I hope your guy comes through.

Joe

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Heck no. I'd be mighty concerned. That screen name speaks volumes!

remfak Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rc82bttb
I am surprised he gave you his phone number if he was really looking to screw you. He probably just is being a lazy ass and not getting your stock shipped out. Just my guess....

Id be [bleep] pissed myself. You make a deal you hold up your end of the deal END OF STORY.

That's what I'm thinking. Why would you leave your phone number if you were planning on screwing somebody over? That makes no sense. Nonetheless, the dude has been a flake. That is precisely why I asked gemby58 to give it a couple more days.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A person is only as good as his word. Best of luck on your deal.

Hunt smart, hunt safe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are on the right road. Stay after his azz. I had the same thing happen recently on here, but it came out right.

Some folks are "Scatter Headed" when it comes to dealing.
Hope you the best, and keep us posted.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
With only him having 17 posts and all being in classified... Yap you may have been had.

Unless a family member died the day of shipping, there is no excuse to ignore you or drop a line. So just for the record it seems...

APEXPREDATOR from PA is a piece of dog chit.

Last edited by slg888; 03/21/10.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Collected on this yet? Hope so. If not "Get a rope". Sux, and I hope you havn't been had. Even if he does come through, he doesn't sound like a guy anyone else should ever deal with again. Let's not forget his name fellas. Maybe we should all pm him?

Last edited by jagdgewehr; 03/22/10.

"To the contrary, we hunt not to kill. We kill to have hunted." Thanks Jose & JB
"I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This snipers got talent."
" I've got a shotgun, a rifle, and a four wheel drive and a country boy can survive"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's been almost 10 days, and still no stock from him. Mine got there via USPS in two days.

Were it me, I've give it more time. I recently bought some brass from a member in Oregon that took one day shy of a month to get to me (from the day he sent it to the day I received it). I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and we mutually decided to be a bit more patient. This was sent parcel post via the USPS, for what it's worth.

Then again, what little communication he's had with you doesn't inspire confidence.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

669 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,626
Posts18,455,133
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.