Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
How much are the older ones in good condition (metal 98% wood 90%) selling for? This one has the light contour barrel with factory irons and looks a lot like a mtn. rifle.. Thanks for the help in advance..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
500-525 in my area

guns to me are like legal crack
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If it looks alot like a mtn rifle it is probably not a BDL, its probably a CDL, they have the matte finished stock like mtn rifles, a BDL has the HIGH GLOSS finish on stock/ either way $450-$550 depending on condition

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If it is a 6 digit receiver or anything earlier than C series prefix I would pay a premium. Especially for just the action!

Wood stock- 70-150 depending on style/age/condition

Bottom metal- 20-50?

Barrel - 50 or so

Action with trigger maybe 425 or a smidge more if it is desirable for M40a1 builds over on the hide'

I saw many nice Remingtons at todays gunshow, the one I didn't spring on was a 6 digit 22-250 for $400. Went to get cash and of course it was gone.
Saw some others for 400-550.

If i'm buying I keep the above 'parts' prices in mind. That way you can 'get' a Remington that was 500 for around $300 if you just want the action.

Hope this helps.

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks guys. Very helpful info!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think it's safe to say it's worth in the 475 to 675 range depending on the condition, and where you sell it.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
If it is a 6 digit receiver or anything earlier than C series prefix I would pay a premium. Especially for just the action!

Wood stock- 70-150 depending on style/age/condition

Bottom metal- 20-50?

Barrel - 50 or so

Action with trigger maybe 425 or a smidge more if it is desirable for M40a1 builds over on the hide'

I saw many nice Remingtons at todays gunshow, the one I didn't spring on was a 6 digit 22-250 for $400. Went to get cash and of course it was gone.
Saw some others for 400-550.

If i'm buying I keep the above 'parts' prices in mind. That way you can 'get' a Remington that was 500 for around $300 if you just want the action.

Hope this helps.

George, I went and looked at it again and it is a "C" series prefix with a 6 digit receiver. I may go back and take a better look at it today just to make sure my recollection is correct on the 6 digit though....Thanks for your help...I'm thinking everyone needs atleast 1 rem 700 in the safe so they aren't refered to as a win 70 snob whistle blush

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"C" series are some of the best IMO. Bolt works slick and smooth, trigger can be worked up real nice. These are my favorite for builds. I'd snag it up bro..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep everyone needs at least one in the safe. Just be careful you don't get two, otherwise they multiply in the night grin

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ha ha, thanks guys. I appreciate it.....I think blush

BSA MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
Yep everyone needs at least one in the safe. Just be careful you don't get two, otherwise they multiply in the night grin

No joke! A couple will turn into a big herd quickly whistle

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
........But, I was trying to thin down the herd a little blush....Gunnut is helping me out with that though grin....

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by gunnut308
"C" series are some of the best IMO. Bolt works slick and smooth, trigger can be worked up real nice. These are my favorite for builds. I'd snag it up bro..

I did and you were right. Trigger needed to be lightened up a bit but it is damn near perfect now. When I pulled the barreled action out of the stock it looked like it had never been taken out. Original laquer looking stuff on the trigger adjustment screws but it came off pretty easily. I really like the rifle but it needs some bedding work. These round bottom receivers will rock back and forth when you cycle the bolt and this one does ever so slightly. A little devcon 10110 will cure that. The bolt face looks new and the bore is still pristine. Looks like a great rifle. We'll see how she shoots next weekend. Spent the whole afternoon rounding up a die set, bullets, no luck finding powder (but I have plenty of that anyway), new brass and I asked the gunshop owner if they could throw in a bag of once fired brass they had in the back (70 pieces) with the purchase of the rifle and they did. This thing will probably be a great shooter once I get it bedded. Thanks for the help guys!!

BSA MAGA
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is an A series 22-250 BDL at Mid South guns in Wagram, NC with a Redfield Illuminator scope in 3-9 for $500. About 90%. I would have bought it if I had a way to bring it back with me to TX.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (19rabbit52, 1234, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 2,046 guests, and 1,098 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,087
Posts18,463,934
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.