Hop To
#5160642 04/18/11
F
fezant Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
This is my first time on this forum, Howdy everyone. This is FYI, I recently bought a CZ 720, a 20 gauge gas operated semi-auto made in turkey. I had to look a long time to find even just to look at. It seems to be a well made shotgun, the wood to metal fit is real good and I like the matte finish on the barrel and receiver. It would not run well with Federal or Winchester 2 1/2 dram, 7/8 ounce loads, it works well with the same Remington loads. 7/8 ounce AA loads were not completely dependable. 1 ounce Estate and Fiocchi loads went through without a hiccup.

I have not been able to punch out the single pin that holds the trigger group after some fairly forceful tapping with a punch. Guess this means a trip to the gunsmith as I have E-mailed CZ twice with out a reply.

Regards Fezant

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Light loads not cycling in an auto, is not an unusal problem. My new eureka 12 won't cycle light skeet loads. According to beretta it needs to be broken in with about 100 or so rounds, and the problem should go away. The CZ,s I have looked at seemed to be well made , for the money. If the problem does't go away, a good smith could probably put a weaker spring in. Only problem is it might cycle to hard with magnum loads.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
On the trigger group pin - spray thin oil on it, Kroil or synthetic lube, let it soak on its side. Make certain you are tapping from the correct side (never seen this, but it could be a tappered pin on a CZ).

Tear it down and clean the entire gun. Lube with a synthetic lube, Slip2000 is my choice.

Call and ask them your questions, their customer service is above average from my experience.

F
fezant Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
F
Thanks for the input guys, I have put 500+ rounds through the shotgun on our sporting clays course, should be loosened up a little at least. And it has been well cleaned after every 100 or so rounds, except for that dam trigger group. As best as I can tell that pin is not tapered but I will take care of that or get it taken care of.

Mostly I was just passing along my experiences with a shotgun that does not seem to be too well known.

Fezant

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bolt velocity is what makes autos work or not work, and those two words are what shotgun designer have nightmares about. The velocity is going to be partly dependent on the shell, the manufacturer, the weather, etc-etc-etc.....If you are shooting foreign made shells, it may also be partly dependent on the workers political leaning that particular day

So in short, find some different ammo and try it, and get on it likes.

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (10gaugemag, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 300_savage, 1beaver_shooter, 35 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,029 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,625
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.