Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
The Response, this is a optically pleasing scope with fabulous edge to edge clarity. The adjustment knobs are robust and easily gripped. The easy lift to set zero design is great for zeroing the knob after target zero is finished no wrenching needed. The return to zero and poi has been solid for about 600 rounds of 223. From 100 to 600 yards.

This part of tracts line is a great value. The reticle is a down point and is much to busy for it's intended use as a hunting scope. Talks with tracts staff leads me to believe they are listening and will be offering more options in the future.
[Linked Image]

All this is my opinion of the scope that tract sent to fire members to use and give an opinion.

It's time for the next member to have a shot and give his input.
SO WHO IS NEXT LETS PICK A MEMBER AND GET IT OUT IN THE FIELD.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/06/17.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tract needs to put out a copy of the 6x/10x MQ SWFA that is 7 oz lighter with a low profile windage knob.

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Fred,

Thanks for taking the time to use and shoot the Response. Happy to hear you're keeping it going and sending it to another member for some time in the field!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Trevor, any chance there will be a set of binoculars for members to try out?

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Trevor, any chance there will be a set of binoculars for members to try out?

I second that

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Higbean
Tract needs to put out a copy of the 6x/10x MQ SWFA that is 7 oz lighter with a low profile windage knob.

SWFA needs to put out a 6x/10x and a 3-9 MQ that is 7oz lighter with a capped/lo pro windage knob.

I vote formidilosus to test the tract. Doubt you could find ANYONE more qualified
Or any review more technical and honest.

Would love to see his take.

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by jackmountain

SWFA needs to put out a 6x/10x and a 3-9 MQ that is 7oz lighter with a capped/lo pro windage knob.

I vote formidilosus to test the tract. Doubt you could find ANYONE more qualified

You can send it to him after you take a look. I vote jack mountain takes a look. All in favor

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F

That's a hunter dream scope I would like an MOA MOA model for im stuck in MOA for life.
The tract in a 30mm tube would be uber.

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Send me your address in a pm and I will send it your way.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Give it a spin jackmountain! When you get done with it give me a shout and I'll stick it on something and give it a go as well, as long as that's cool with everybody.

IC B3

F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Jack sent pm your way

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Send it to him when you're done...

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by huntsonora

Send it to him when you're done...

I agree. Cool idea guys..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
A couple of sticking points for me that I see from googling the specs.

1. Turrets in inch per 100 yds instead of MOA. Why? Nobody uses IPHY any more.

2. BDC reticle. Just make it a MOA reticle, the BDC never correlates to anything usable and MOA is always usable.

What I'd like to see but would probably take it out of the price point:

Zero stop. I won't buy a scope with a turret without a zero stop. I've been lost too many times spinning turrets. Sorry, I'm dumb and suffer from CRS (can't remember s***), I need a zero stop as a crutch.

30mm tube. I'm one of the few guys around here that doesn't like 1" tubes. Maybe it's compensation or something, but I like 30mm for the extra elevation range and the added tube strength. 30mm is just a stronger tube all things being equal.

Get the weight under 18 ozs. Yeah, I know, ain't gonna happen.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm probably near the bottom of the list of people that are qualified to test it, but I'll give it a whirl. If no one is opposed, I'll let Dude270 check it out while it's in our neighborhood, then send it to formidilosus( if he's willing to wring it out) and of course if the manufacturer(owner) has no opposition to that.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Sounds like a plan. As long as tract is on board. I'd be happy get a hold of Formidilosus and send it to him after wringing it out a bit.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hey Guys,

I love the idea that you're going to keep this going. All too often, samples get absorb and never see the light of day. This same scope has been used and tested by 2 separate members and on its way to a third...we're elated to see this.

The more use it sees the more testament it gets...and if any ideas come forward, its even better. I know Fred had a discussion with Jon about the reticle. every hunter/shooter is different and we're very open to looking at new/different ideas.

And Yep, some new products are coming down the tube that cater to LR hunting/shooting. I do like the idea of starting the same trend with a Bino, I'll bring that up with the team.

Thanks guys for keeping this scope going.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pretty funny that the piece of schit keeps getting tossed around,but to date...nobody has set it atop a SOUND rifle and wrung it out with a first fhuqking clue. What were the "odds"?!?

Very obviously,nobody at TRACT shoots anything other than their mouths,though 2" box "Tests" will never wane in their EPIC fhuqking hilarity! I enjoy that some can get giddy over a schit reticle,in a SFP Goat Fhuqk and "critique" same with a straight face. Much to be said for total erector dumps,tracked upon paper,in favorable atmospherics. Hint.

How fhuqking "difficult" is it,to simply gun the piece of fhuqking schit at various erector intervals,zoom intervals,shoot the gawddamned fhuqking piece of schit and denote those actual findings.

I get it that Mils and MOA are farrrrrrrrrr too "tricky" for the "Testers" thus far,who've went well outta their ways to showcase Dumbfhuqktitude and swoon dog schit,though obliviously and at the full extent of their BEST fhuqking efforts. Laughing!

Pass the 6x MQ and hold ALL of the Fluff.

Looking forward to more laughs!

Laughing!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Did she let you keep the dog sugar tits. LMFAO. You really have it all don't ya.

Last edited by fredIII; 03/07/17.
F
fredIII Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
Scope is going to go to jack

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.