Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone have the skinny, on 'Written' and also how their service is when needed, even if a product is beyond that period?

Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Schmidt & Bender:

Service for your riflescope is guaranteed to be available for up to 30 years after its original delivery. During the first 10 years, that service is free of charge if the problem is due to material or manufacturing defects.

All repair orders are confirmed to the client immediately after the scope arrives. When repairs are completed, your scope is returned along with a diagnostic report detailing the work that was performed. With very old riflescopes, our service staff will provide you with a cost estimate.

All scope repairs are handled in Germany, under the factory's control. Many times a loaner scope can be provided to you to keep you in the field until your scope is returned.

Upgrading an older scope
A popular service we can provide is the upgrading of an older scope from a standard to an illuminated reticle. Schmidt & Bender scopes with serial numbers below 10,000 (for variable models) and below 35,000 for the 8 x 56 fixed power can be retrofitted with illuminated reticles. Every conversion includes a thorough cleaning and a meticulous refilling with nitrogen. You will not even have to re-zero your scope, as we record the original reticle adjustment and transfer the settings to your new illuminated reticle.

Accessories
We offer a selection of accessories including lens hoods, yellow and green filters, protective eyepiece covers and more, most of which can be attached to the threaded lens mount.

Contact the service office or dealer nearest you for more information.

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the info Dave. Anyone had any CS issues w/Zeiss, and age of product, or Swaro?

Thanks.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
My only experience, 2nd hand, was my neighbor's actually. He sent a Zeiss 85 spotter (6 yrs old) back to them to fix a broken fine focus mechanism. He also sent his older (9 yrs old) Swaro SLC back to swaro for a good cleaning an tune up job. The Swaro took about 16 days turnaround an they looked like new, at no charge. The Zeiss took 8 weeks due to them having to send it back to Germany. They did fix it at no charge and it's worked fine since. It is for that reason I prefer Swaro over most anything. Swaro wrote the book on customer service.

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/16/10.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I sent in an older Swaro Habicht Nova 3-9 that I acquired about a year ago. I don't recall all the details of what they did, but there was a list of like 5 things and it arrived back in 2-3 weeks free of charge w/ lenses like new. No complaints.

IC B2

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good to know. FWIW, sent in an older Tasco spotting scope I was given, to Bushnell (apparently bought out Tasco) per their instruction, sent back saying out of warranty.

All it needed IMHO was a good lens cleaning, internal, yet I was presented with an estimate of $94 shipped and an offer 30-40% of anything new.....

Seems like a 'bait and switch' ploy to me. Truly.

Had they just cleaned the dang internal side of the Obj. lens that had a residue on it, then I would have been very pleased and bought more products from them, but this rubbed me wrong.

Had I been told what to expect, I'd saved my wasted shipping dollars. I will think twice.......or long and hard even, before another Bushnell product. MY experience seems to be that service is where they do not shine.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is the Swarovski Us warranty.

Thank you for purchasing this instrument and welcome to the world of SWAROVSKI OPTIK. Since our founding in 1949, the SWAROVSKI community has been committed to providing an ownership experience, which includes our legendary service that is second to none. We sincerely believe that our optics are the best in the world and put them through rigorous tests to ensure that the name you trust is built to the highest standards. But in the unlikely event that you discover a problem in defects in workmanship or materials, we�ll gladly examine the instrument. SWAROVSKI OPTIK offers a lifetime warranty on the optical system of our products for products purchased by US residents from an authorized SWAROVSKI OPTIK North American dealer. Once examined, if it is determined that the optical system is defective we will repair or replace the instrument or defective part. SWAROVSKI OPTIK warrants all other parts of the instrument for ten years from date of purchase against defects in materials or workmanship, subject to normal use. All electronic components are warranted for two years against defects in materials and workmanship, subject to normal use, from date of purchase. All non-optical products (i.e. accessories, tripods etc.) are warranted for one year from date of purchase. This warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repairs, accident, alteration, misuse, abuse, neglect, fire, flood or other acts of God. If after the warranty period your instrument needs servicing please call
customer service at (800) 426-3089. At SWAROVSKI, we are totally committed to our customer, products and service. Once you have had the pleasure of owning and using our products, we are sure they will become your trusted companions for life.

�Any SWAROVSKI OPTIK product that is purchased in the U.S. that is not imported by SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA and not sold to a consumer by an Authorized U.S.
SWAROVSKI OPTIK NORTH AMERICA Dealer has no Authorized Warranty.� In the event of a defect, please call customer assistance at (800) 426-3089 to obtain a Service Order Number (SO), which will be used to identify your warranty request through its completion. When you call, our customer service representative will give you instructions as to where to send or take the product for service. Whenever you send or take your product to us, pleaseenclose your name, shipping address, daytime phone number, a brief description of the problem, and a copy of the receipt from an authorized U.S. SWAROVSKI OPTIK North America dealer. Please write the Service Order Number on the enclosure and on the outside of any packaging. We will determine, at our option, whether to repair or replace the instrument. If the instrument is not covered under the warranty, we will contact you with an estimate of the repair price. Any correspondence should be sent to:

SWAROVSKI OPTIK N.A. Ltd. � 2 Slater Road � Cranston, RI 02920 o

You ain't about that life.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Schmidt & Bender:

All scope repairs are handled in Germany, under the factory's control. Many times a loaner scope can be provided to you to keep you in the field until your scope is returned.

I believe that S&B now has a State Side warrenty center

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For speed of repairs, hard to beat swaro and leupold

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

For a lack of need for repairs it is hard to beat S&B

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

+1

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Why do they even have one then if you never need it? I'd like to have that Summit, I'll admit.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Never said "never",just said that the need for repairs is indeed low, make that very low

Last edited by jwp475; 09/20/10.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Never said "never",just sadi that the need for repairs is indeed low, make that very low

Does that go for the Summit too? What's your source of info? Thanks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They also don't sell as many.

You ain't about that life.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The US Marines bought a lot of them

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Never said "never",just said that the need for repairs is indeed low, make that very low

Does that go for the Summit too? What's your source of info? Thanks.

I have 6 S&B's

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I always like to know why someone says the things they say, so I'm not trying to be argumentative, just fact finding because the Summit interests me. When someone says repair #'s are "low" that could mean relatively few owners have probs, or just one owner. That's why I'm asking. I would never make a blanket statement of "low" #'s of repairs or that they seldom need repairs without facts to back it up, which is what I was asking for.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I have a Summitt and like it very much. D'Arcy Echols told me that the S&B scope have the best tracking and that he has only had 2 that need repairs and they were some of the first Falsh Dots that were imported into this counrty.

S&B were the only scopes that passed ALL of the tesat requirements for the US Marines and that is why they sellected S&B

Also Matt Garret sells them and Hhe told me that the repair rate is extremely low

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks jwp....appreciate it. Now prepare yourself for the onslaught of the "E".....

Last edited by JGRaider; 09/20/10.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 3040Krag, 51 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,239
Posts18,466,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.