Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
First post in the Optics forum. Picked up an older 3x fixed Leupold a while back. Would like to have the current duplex reticle replaced with a German #4 reticle. Called Leupold. the scope is older than what they will work with. Premier Reticles is (I think) out of business, or sucked up into another company.

Any suggestions regarding "who" in the U.S. can do a reticle swap on an older Leupold ?

I poked around the optics forum for 5 or 6 pages, but did not see any related topics. If this has been thrashed previously, feel free to just point me to the previous thread(s).

Thank you...

BP-B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'd give these guys a call or email.

Optical Services Company

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

I appreciate the lead. Called and spoke with Cheryl. Unfortunately, she cannot do a German #4 reticle. Thank you for the info.

Still looking...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Just send it to Leupolds customer service with a note asking for a "once over" to check function and clarity, and ask to have the reticle changed to whatever you want. You'll probably have a brand new scope at your doorstep in a couple weeks.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics

Unfortunately, she cannot do a German #4 reticle.

That's unAmerican.

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DrGnarr
Just send it to Leupolds customer service with a note asking for a "once over" to check function and clarity, and ask to have the reticle changed to whatever you want. You'll probably have a brand new scope at your doorstep in a couple weeks.

I would call back and ask for a manager. I've spoken to 3 people about the same issue at Leupold and gotten 3 different answers. Their CS is good, but their communication and understanding of what they can and can't do is very poor.

R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I sent my M8 3X after calling to verify that Leupold could put a heavy duplex in. I was told "no problem" and sent it in. Got a bill for something like $70 or $80 (can't remember exactly), paid it and a couple of weeks later got a brand-new heavy duplex 3X from the custom shop. I'm happy.
Bob

O
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by DrGnarr

Originally Posted by RGK
I sent my M8 3X after calling to verify that Leupold could put a heavy duplex in. I was told "no problem" and sent it in. Got a bill for something like $70 or $80 (can't remember exactly), paid it and a couple of weeks later got a brand-new heavy duplex 3X from the custom shop. I'm happy.
Bob

I may try the "send it in for a once over, and while you're at it..." approach. smile Not trolling for a free scope. More than happy to pay to have the work done. Just need to find a reputable shop willing to do the work. Thanks for the input gents...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
741 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,626
Posts18,398,690
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.