Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Attended the NRA show in Saint Louis yesterday and had a blast. I have never been to the shot show in Vegas, and I always hear it is a lot better.
Never the less. The show keeps getting bigger and better. This is the 3rd show I have attended.
The Good:
Leupold booth. Like a lot of merchandise at the show. The top of the line stuff is very impressive. But.... Ahhh.......@ a price! The VX 6 red dot in the center of the crosshair. Very small. Very awesome! The display of all of the different turret heads lined up in a row for comparison. Ever large distributor should have one of those.
Forbes Rifles LLc.
For a retail price of $1400, and if it shoots like they say it will....Im guessing kimber will be running away, screaming like a little school girl! (Im waiting for my montana back from rebarrel job.) These rifles looked good.
Cutting Edge Bullets. Nice display of bullet fragmentation on targets. Should have more repeatable readings on comparators for bullet seating depths.
The guys from Talley rings set me up with the model number of set for a set of rings I need to raise my Leupy up for better sight alinement.
The redding boys were cool. I wished I would of spent more time with them tho. It was getting late in the day. Loved to see all the presses a lined up together.
Zerust bags looked good. So many of my family & friends have cloth lined gun cases that do not breathe. Might try some of these.

Now for THE BAD:
Im a working man. I belong to a union. Both parties have some good points. Both have bad points. What it seemed like to me, that the NRA has a need for another 'branch' if you will that appeals to working people who are not brainwashed republicans. Im not saying all republicans are brainwashed. So are the Dems. White and Black. No grey areas.
The NRA needs a division that appeals to the grey areas. Do they want more members? How about doubling or tripling the current amount of members? Would that be good for gun owners?
Standing by the NRA radio PA system, it seemed they sell the republican way or nothing. I was feeling that anytime now they will announce,'AND NOW, WE WILL START BAPTISING SINNERS DOWN AT THE EDGE OF THE MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI!!' Very Creepy. They need to back WAAAYYY off of the religious tone. Read the creed of the Mormon Church. I mean REALLY READ IT!!
If any organization can seriously back anyone who BELIEVES this absolute nonsense is barking mad.
The constant backing of someone who has been charged with multiple felonies and used political means to get the charges dropped is not useful in recruiting new members See Oliver North. (He had good tastes in hiring secretaries tho).
Im am a gun owner. I am a life NRA member. The NRA has wondered how and why they can't get 50 percent of gun owners of America to unite under them. They have spun the same rhetoric for decades. That proves they need another concept that appeals to gun owners under one organization.

Youtube:
The complete idiots guide to atheism.
The Four Horseman. Discussions with Richard Dawkins
God Is Not Great. Christopher Hitchens
Do not fear education.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thanks for sharing your experience... I was very excited to go and see all the vendors when I got called out of town for work on Thursday.... REALLY REALLY disappointed that this was less than 5 miles from my house and I was not able to go.

I know Zeiss was selling the Conquest 3x9s at that the show for $399.

I understand your issue with the NRA... the extreme rhetoric gets old even when you agree with 80% of it, I just get tired of listening to someone beat their drum so hard. Likewise the endless emails, snail mail, etc gets real old, real fast.

Andrew

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

207 members (338reddog, 360bull, 1_deuce, 30Gibbs, 416RigbyHunter, 264mag, 34 invisible), 1,365 guests, and 1,079 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,455
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.