Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Check this out. Seems like the Scent Lok folks have been sued in court over the overall effectiveness of their product.

http://trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm

Testimony has been sealed...all sorts of gossip about their product. Entertaining reading.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wow your going to ruin someones "Dream Season" grin

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I remember JJHack voicing some serious doubts about it's effectiveness some time back. Like a number of years back.
I've never even considered it because I won't wear anyhting that does not pass moisture readily. One of the fastest ways I know to get either heat exhaustion or to suffer from hypothermia is to wear clothing that does not pass moisture quickly. E

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
This came to light a few years back. Several independent tests proved them worthless, while costing hunters an arm and a leg.

Better idea....play the wind, hunt smart and save your $. And for God's sake, don't wear any blue tape......grin.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
that stuff is like a sponge once its saturated with scent it just starts leaking scent out.you would have to get it so hot to reactivate it that it would destroy the garment

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I farted in mine once......the odor escaped up through the neck area. sick

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Last year ,there were several threads on the subject and that they were being sued. It kinda died out and I never heard anymore about it.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Tom264
I farted in mine once......the odor escaped up through the neck area. sick

So much for locking in the scent.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The TV ads say "Forget the Wind" --- any ,any hunter worth their salt would only laugh at that statement. I also Camo paint my projectiles and spray them with No Scent. The deer never see or smell them coming. --Web

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
G
Somewhere in the testimony they basically found out that they didn't last longer than 30 days no matter what....

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I always knew it was a fraud...A few years back I had the chance to watch a couple of K9 teams find some soldiers who were wearing far higher quality NBC (chemical warefare) suits...The two dogs were worked into the wind and were not following a ground track, but simply air scented the hidden soldiers with no problems at all..

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The whole concept always cracked me up! I would love for my grandfather to be alive so he could read about that, I bet he would just grin and shake his head...

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by magnumb
This came to light a few years back. Several independent tests proved them worthless, while costing hunters an arm and a leg.

Better idea....play the wind, hunt smart and save your $. And for God's sake, don't wear any blue tape......grin.

-----------------------------------------------------------
yuup

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Scent lock, cover sprays and scent eliminators are pure snake oil... All of them.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
How did our forefathers ever manage to bag deer by only using smoothbore Flintlocks and no scentlok clothing? I'm sure they had to be within 100yards to hit a deer in the vitals. Also how did the Native Indians hunt without scentlok? They had to get up close to a deer to make a kill shot with a primative bow. I'm going back to the old tried and true methods.All this junk they sell us hunters is only out there to take money from hunters.

A Man's got to know his limitations.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
heck i don't even wear camo most of the time. just jeans and a t shirt

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Cool...more camo at slashed prices.

I just bought 2 pair of pants marked down 85%. I can't get scent-lok or any other pants at that price.

Steve

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Pete E
I always knew it was a fraud...A few years back I had the chance to watch a couple of K9 teams find some soldiers who were wearing far higher quality NBC (chemical warefare) suits...The two dogs were worked into the wind and were not following a ground track, but simply air scented the hidden soldiers with no problems at all..

Always wondered about this no scent stuff- I train K9 Narcotics- so just to see what happens.....we took a new scent lok suit that had been stored separate from all other clothing, wrapped it around a gram of dope,and had a dog search for it. He went through it like there was nothing wrapped around the dope. Tried the same with this baking soda based scent "eliminator". Same result. If you know your mammalian olfactory physiology, dogs aren't abundantly different in that respect than deer or elk, and not quite as good as a bear...
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What really cracks me up is that one of the best bowhunters I've ever met in my life smoked 2 packs of Marlboros a day. He's also a longbow shooter that uses nothing but Chundoo shafting and Wensal Woodsmans. He's never killed a Bull Elk outside of 15 yards, and he's the most careful guy I know when it comes to playing the wind game.

I'm a lot more careful about leaving a scent, but I refuse to buy Scentlok stuff, or cover scents, etc. They're a gimmick that has seperated many a gadget oriented hunter from his hard earned money.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Dan; did you also notice ( not to take anything away from the guy..) that Chuck Adams never sprayed anything on himself but Right Guard and never wore anything but green plain flannel shirts to hunt in till he got famous.....
Ingwe

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 61 invisible), 2,515 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,761
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.