Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh yay

Nic
Lovin life as a farmer and wife!
X2 Farm
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
give them that, and the 24th Mech Division.

Sam......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
not quite the result Putin had in mind when he started threatening his neighbors.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Baltic States are not unaware of their tenuous hold on freedom. The Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Ukraine, Belarus,Armenia, Kazakhstan,Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, (did I miss one?)....... golly, NONE of these States want to rejoin with Russia. Moldavia maybe? Maybe.
Bottom line is that after experiencing the tender ministrations of Moscow for, in some cases, hundreds of dreadful years, they just don't trust the Bear. So why should we?

Go figure.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 08/17/08.

Sam......

IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
A thought occurs to me. Given the dismal failure of the latest Russian SAM technology in Syria against Israeli fighter-bombers (equipped with US anti-SAM electronics) less than a year ago, who in their right mind would trust Russian technology, let alone be buying from Moscow?

Russia's in trouble. They're attempting to apply centuries-old Russian foreign policy (iron fist in an iron glove... duh!) to a situation that moves so fast they can't handle the information, let alone the consequences.

BTW, anybody else notice how often the cable TV feed has been going wonky over the past few days?

Three guesses as to what that means, Ivan, and the first two don't count.

Last edited by DocRocket; 08/17/08.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Tod Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And missile defense will be so effective against Russian tanks.

But a few captured examples will be a nice present for the Russian weapons designers. I'm sure the Chinese will sell them the parts same as us.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Tod

I'm assuming your conservative campaigning has come to an end!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ummmm, no a missile defence is for missiles, not tanks.
Bobby Fischer's Sicilian defence was for, well Russians grin

Very often the Russians use missiles, as they have in Georgia, and a defence from them would probably be pretty popular with the troops who would have to suffer those darts otherwise.

If they deploy anti-tank mines, well I'm guessing those would not be effective against Russian missiles.

See what being flippant causes.

A government is the most dangerous threat to man�s rights: it holds a legal monopoly on the use of physical force against legally disarmed victims.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
not quite the result Putin had in mind when he started threatening his neighbors.
That's what troubles me most about all of this. He certainly wasn't unaware of the potential, and that means he likely has plans accordingly. Trust of a KGB chief turned Czar comes as hard for me as underestimation.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by isaac
Tod

I'm assuming your conservative campaigning has come to an end!
You don't see his premise as a somewhat likely outcome?

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

116 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.