isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
www.americanthinker.com
By M Allen Fritsch
March 22, 2010

There is a fundamental right being denied 55% of all Americans. This denial costs over 16,000 lives per year, meaning more than 44 of our fellow Americans will die every day that we delay. What should be done in light of these shocking figures?

Using the example set by President Obama and the Congressional Democrats, there is only one answer: Universal Gun Care for every American. Surely a right outlined in the Bill of Rights (2d Amendment) is just as important as a right NOT found the Constitution (Health Care).

Bonus, it should be easier to implement. After all, gun dealers and manufacturers are ready and willing to help solve the problem. Unlike the evil insurance companies, gun dealers don't want to take your weapon away from you when you most need it. Nor will they deny selling you a weapon simply because you haven't purchased one in the past (i.e. a pre-existing condition).

- Conventional estimates state that 45% of all US households own a firearm. This leaves at least 55% of all Americans "uncovered."

- In 2008 there were 16,272 murders in the USA. How many of those could have been prevented if the victims had been able to protect themselves?

My proposal is a modest one:

- Mandate for every American to purchase a gun or be provided one by their employer (children under the age of 26 can share a weapon with their parents)

- Tax credits to offset the cost of purchase (for those making less than $250,000 per year and everyone in Nebraska)

- For those that can't afford it, a grant or subsidy to purchase a weapon (union members can get two weapons subsidized before 2018)

- Funding for a series of community based gun dealers/clinics and firing ranges (especially in under-served urban and rural areas)

- Monthly ammunition benefit so that no one has to choose between feeding their kids, paying the rent, or buying a box of .38 special cartridges

Contact your representative today. The time to act is now.

M Allen Fritsch is an entrepreneur and business owner. He is a graduate of the United States Military Academy and a former Army officer. His household is one of the 45%.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes!

Deus Juvat

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BEAUTIFUL!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Now you're on to something.

Does this mean we all have to get a Concealed Carry Healthcare Permit?..........

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I won't buy a gun as I don't want to upset Jeff O.. he is sure I am just waiting for the opportunity to shoot some one.. anyone.. doesn't really matter who..or for any particular reason...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I'll by that

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO! Love it!

All American

All the time
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good one Bob!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Love it.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Does it have a ammo "prescription" benifit? grin

IC B3

V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
Of course, there'd have to be a prescription ammo benefit.

I friggin' LOVE it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
LMAO... Excellent idea..

I'll copy this (if it's ok with you) and send it to my flaming lib (and laughable) representative, Ron Kind (D-WI)..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
isaac for POTUS!!

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
Originally Posted by Redneck
LMAO... Excellent idea..

I'll copy this (if it's ok with you) and send it to my flaming lib (and laughable) representative, Ron Kind (D-WI)..

================

Isn't my work,old buddy. You grab what it takes to get the message out. Who's going to read it to your rep??

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by isaac
LMAO... Excellent idea..

================

Isn't my work,old buddy. You grab what it takes to get the message out. Who's going to read it to your rep??
Methinks my email messages are 'flagged' and either blocked or round-filed w/o a single peeper casting eyes on it..

He knows me.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by isaac
LMAO... Excellent idea..

================

Methinks my email messages are 'flagged' and either blocked or round-filed w/o a single peeper casting eyes on it..

He knows me.. laugh laugh

Yeah, I know what ya mean... my rep, (Petri, R) responds to many constituents' letters personally, but Feingold (D.. actually, he's such a boob his designation should be DD) has even stopped pretending that his office has received my emails or letters...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that is some 'legislation' I could support!
grin

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn, smartest thing I have ever seen Bob say.......AWESOME!

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

I
isaac Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I
You'll smoke a wet turd in the in-law suite at Lee24's home for that one!

William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
laugh laugh laugh laugh

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (41rem, 300_savage, 264mag, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,433 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,175
Posts18,465,438
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.