T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's time for the unpatriot act to go away.

NRA Lifetime Member
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 17ACKLEYBEE
It's time for the unpatriot act to go away.
Damned right!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Absolutely right on. It needs to sunset. Unfortunately, probably 80 or more Senators will continue to vote to extend it.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There's a Republican I think I can vote for for president.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
The man is following in his father's footsteps.

The PATRIOT Act is a sham and a hoax.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
The man is following in his father's footsteps.

The PATRIOT Act is a sham and a hoax.

The patriot Act is nothing more than one step closer to a police state.

They need to repeal it and the first attack on this country gets a nuclear response.

Last edited by 17ACKLEYBEE; 05/23/11.

NRA Lifetime Member
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by mike762
Absolutely right on. It needs to sunset. Unfortunately, probably 80 or more Senators will continue to vote to extend it.
Unfortunately, I think you're on the mark there... frown

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"We now have a President who wants to know where you contributed before you work for the government."

Tea Bagger's (what Obama himself calls us) need not apply.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
other than Mikey's difficulty in opening a Canadian trading account, let's have a list of the horrible police state effects of the PA?

TSA has nothing to do with the PA, so airport stories don't count.

Come on, oppressed ones, let's hear your tales of Jack-booted PA thugs. Who has had even the slightest encounter with it?

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Better yet, let's have a few examples of where it's actually done some good. Oh, that's right, we'll never be told that, secret handshakes and all.

With all of the recent assaults on the Fourth Amendment, I think we can see how strengthening the hand of the state in making it easier to bypass the Fourth Amendment is detrimental.

If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks..., will deprive the People of all their Property,...Thomas Jefferson
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I take that to mean you have no examples. Your logic is sort of like saying we don't need all those FAA safety regs, because after all the planes are landing safely, and how do you know they wouldn't even without the regs.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Remember Mike, Steve is a lawyer. The more laws the more work for lawyers. I can understand business.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It sure would help the discussion if there were specific examples of Pa abuses to make an informed decision. As to the times that it's helped in the thwarting of terrorist acts, haven't there been a few examples?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Remember Mike, Steve is a lawyer. The more laws the more work for lawyers. I can understand business.

the PA has not generated any business for me....nor for any lawyers. still waiting for somebody to successfully sue and say they were damaged by it.....the statute gives you your attorneys fees.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
It sure would help the discussion if there were specific examples of Pa abuses to make an informed decision. As to the times that it's helped in the thwarting of terrorist acts, haven't there been a few examples?

Maybe instead of us looking for specifics, we should view this act as just another means of the government chipping away at out rights. On the surface, maybe it doesn't seem to infringe on us too much but isn't what we're seeing just a continuation of the way government has found to marginalize what rights we have left?

And has government ever shown restraint when given more power?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
I take that to mean you have no examples. Your logic is sort of like saying we don't need all those FAA safety regs, because after all the planes are landing safely, and how do you know they wouldn't even without the regs.

How about all telephone providers except AT&T rolling over upon Gov't requests for phone records? AT&T told them to get a court order, gov't didn't and dropped their "request".

It's what you 'don't know about' more than what you do know about what the gov't wants and is getting w/o court orders.

I ain't a fan of the PA. You got a problem with court orders and due process, Steve NO?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A fair question and you are correct about the ever-growing size and power of a centralized government. That said when our safety is involved and such an important decision needs to be considered, I'd like to see some evidence pro and con. For example, during WWII, it was illegal (subject to fine and imprisonment) not to have blackout curtains. That law went away after the war ended. Anyhow I would like to see just ONE instance where American citizens rights were violated as a result of the PA.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Anyhow I would like to see just ONE instance where American citizens rights were violated as a result of the PA.

Dirt bag Jose Padilla is an American citizen, he was declared an enemy combatant and held for 3-1/2 years in a military prison without being charged with a crime.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1936M71, 163bc, 12344mag, 160user, 71 invisible), 2,722 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,539
Posts18,453,081
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.