Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Have any of you boy's got any current information on these guy's, especially the production manager, one Toyon J. Wiggs?

He contacted me about finishing a project for me back in May of this year saying that Sharps Rifle Company were the new owners of A-Square...

I have been waiting on a call from them since July and now find that all there phones have been disconnected or so says the recording I'm getting!

Could sure use some help getting hold of these guy's! mad

Phil

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
profile hasn't been updated in a year:

http://www.manta.com/c/mtcqy2k/a-square-of-wyoming-llc

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I hear it is a good place to stay away from.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Have any of you boy's got any current information on these guy's, especially the production manager, one Toyon J. Wiggs?

He contacted me about finishing a project for me back in May of this year saying that Sharps Rifle Company were the new owners of A-Square...

I have been waiting on a call from them since July and now find that all there phones have been disconnected or so says the recording I'm getting!

Could sure use some help getting hold of these guy's! mad

Phil

PM wyoguide he is from that area

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Thanks, done!

This whole thing has been a real nightmare, ever since originally talking with Arthur Alpin way back in early 2008 about building a heavy 35 of my own design, what I called a .358PLP...

In 2009 with the understanding that A-Square would build the rifle, I had Dave Manson make up a custom reamer for it along with a set of gages, and sent that along with a $900 deposit for the rile to A-Square...

And never could again make contact with them....

Fast forward to around May of this year! This Toyon J. Wiggs contacts me after I responded to another members request about A-Square, and after telling me that the company was under new management from the Sharps Rifle Company, that they had found my order and wanted to know if I still wanted the rifle, and that they still had my deposit, along with the reamer and gages, and that they would honor the original order...

And I fell for it, and sent them, after having Dave Manson making a custom re-reamer at Reddings request a brand new Deluxe die set for the .358PLP, along with a two die set to put a shoulder on the 404 Jefferies brass for fire forming... that had been made earlier...

So as of right now, I'm out a pretty good bundle on this deal! mad

Phil

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You know I don't think I have ever heard one good thing about Art Alpin....

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
I have the feeling the place has been seized... here I've been patiently waiting for a call from them, waiting on a progress report on the project... and decided to call them this morning only to find all the phone numbers have been disconnected.

A little while ago I called and talked to the business editor of the Star-Tribune that did a story on them back in Dec, 2010 and he said that he's been trying to find out him self what is going on, and that he hasn't seen anyone there in months...

Then a computer search I did, said that Art Alpin as of Feb, 2011 was up on felony charges for making false application on some kind of jobs grant back in 2007...

I'm gonna keep trying, so far I'm out nearly 2 grand with nothing to show for it.

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Jeez, remind me NEVER to piss you off.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
� Jeez, remind me NEVER to piss you off.

Fret thee ne'er!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
OK, ...seriously,....isn't this a "residue" of an almost impossible "Joint Venture" on the part of 5-6 different outfits all setting up under one umbrella,....or am I thinking of a different embarrassing catastrophe ?

Lord only knows, the ditches and coulees along the road to "Small Custom Rifle Shops" are littered with the wrecks of those who failed in the curves.

You know what (and whom) I'm talking about, too.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
PM sent. Just to be clear, The Sharps Rifle Company has NO affiliation with either Shiloh Sharps or C Sharps both of Big Timber, MT.

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Yup, I found that out today. I talked to a girl at Shiloh who thought one of their smiths had worked for A-Square at one time, but he appearently didn't know anything new.

Phil

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I love reading The Standard!

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76

will say i do like the reloading manual he put out, but thats prolly cause he got alot of quality ppl together to help write it.....you can read it like a rifle and cartridge book more than a reloading manual and am happy to give it space on my book shelf.....hear others say the same but its the only positive thing ive heard related to the guy....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by eh76

will say i do like the reloading manual he put out, but thats prolly cause he got alot of quality ppl together to help write it.....you can read it like a rifle and cartridge book more than a reloading manual and am happy to give it space on my book shelf.....hear others say the same but its the only positive thing ive heard related to the guy....

Rattler, what is the name of said manual? i would much like to see some more educational material on loading.

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
http://www.amazon.com/Any-Shot-You-..._1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322021338&sr=8-1

"Col. Art Alphin is the driving force behind this book and its collection of 5 authors, Finn Aagaard, Craig Boddington, Dr. Gary Minton, Terry Wieland, and the Colonel"

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTW Marty if your willing to pay to send it back yah can borrow my copy for a bit....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rattler
BTW Marty if your willing to pay to send it back yah can borrow my copy for a bit....

i might just take you up on that. this seems like a good group of guys who did the writing. its only a couple of bucks to ship it, so why not? i'd very much like to see it.

thanks!

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The book is well worth the read, although much in it is about selling their brand of bullets. Now that we have such good bonded and mono-metal bullets, much of the A-square sell seems outdated.

All I ever got stuck with is the worst batch of brass for a 358STA that I ever saw. Had to pay up front, wait a year, and was afraid to use what I got. Couldn't get a refund on them.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,467
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.