-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We should take time to consider the true meaning of Veteran's Day.
It means far more than perhaps having a three day weekend, or watching a patirotic old movie. It means far more than giving a dollar or some change to a proud veteran and getting a plastic poppy in return...

Today is a day that we should reflect on, and acknowledge the sacrifices they made and the hardships those men and women endured in order to keep this nation and its citizens free and safe. We should be grateful to those men and woman who made the hard choices. We should be thankful to the ones who stand up on our behalf.

May God bless our veterans today, and may he keep them in the manner that they have endeavoured to keep all of us.

Thank you all.

GB1

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Yes sir. May I also include the families of veterans? IMO,they partnered in the selfless sacrifices,as well.

Last edited by RISJR; 11/11/12.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Would that the rest of America took this the way vets do, and then we would have far less turmoil...

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

It's a simple concept.

Last edited by DigitalDan; 11/11/12.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
From one proud veteran to all the others, Thank You ALL. Your sacrifices are not in vain. We all appreciate what you have done and continue to do. If there is one thing we all should and can agree on it is that we have the greatest Armed Forces on the planet. Our men and women who serve are the best trained and most dedicated to the greatest cause in history bar none. That would be Freedom for all. THANK YOU.

Last edited by brinky72; 11/11/12.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Would that the rest of America took this the way vets do, and then we would have far less turmoil...

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

It's a simple concept.

I have often thought that every able bodied person in this country should serve in the armed forces/military. I think there would be a lot less bickering and our government would run a lot more smoothly. Something about a true interest and appreciation in your homeland comes to mind.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
THANK YOU VETERANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
An Honored Tradition

We hope and Pray the day will never come when we/ they have to choose between

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

and

that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.So help me God.

I fear our future as a United Nation will be challenged with this term of this president.

May God Bless and Keep all our Troops safe.

A Big THANK YOU to all The branch's of the Military ,who risk their lives daily in defense our great Nation - and to all Veterans--past and present.

A bigger Thanks to those who HONOR this DAY with their thoughts and prayers for those who gave their lives in service to this great Nation

AZCOUES___Border Rat Clan
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RISJR
Yes sir. May I also include the families of veterans? IMO,they partnered in the selfless sacrifices,as well.

Absolutely my friend!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

It's a simple concept.

I'm not a vet but I cast my vote in defense of the Constitution and against domestic enemies. It's the best I could do at this point in life. smile

Thanks and best wishes to all the vets out there.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
GFY.

In celebration of yesterday, I made my children watch the scene when the Marines take the city in The Wind and The Lion.

They were very impressed...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by azcoues
An Honored Tradition

We hope and Pray the day will never come when we/ they have to choose between

I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same

and

that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.So help me God.

I fear our future as a United Nation will be challenged with this term of this president.

May God Bless and Keep all our Troops safe.

A Big THANK YOU to all The branch's of the Military ,who risk their lives daily in defense our great Nation - and to all Veterans--past and present.

A bigger Thanks to those who HONOR this DAY with their thoughts and prayers for those who gave their lives in service to this great Nation

The UCMJ embodied "Rocks and Shoals" which goverened the Naval services and "Articles of War" IIRC which goverened the Army.

According to a Marine Lt.Col Dabney,who helped write the UCMJ,the provision allowing dis-obedience to an un-lawful order was actually strengthened in comparison to the originals.

IOW....No choice will ever be required.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
To all Fellow Veterans!

A Salute of Respect and Gratitude!

have a wonderful Veterans Day!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Hear, hear!

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 21 invisible), 1,446 guests, and 905 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,312
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.