Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
.....KTFO! You can't clown around and toy with these guys and Weidman put it on him! Great night of fights and its been a while since I said that

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Thanks for the update!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Round and how it went down?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
2nd round.

Anderson just kept taunting him and standing in front of him with his hands down clowning with Weidman and Weidman put it on him. It was classic.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Too funny! Guess he's not taunting anyone now.

Bob

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Good.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If anybody wants me to text the video from my phone just PM me a number

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dammit, every time I rent I'm disappointed. Would like to have seen that.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
videos texted

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can not understand why that a-hole stands there with his arms at his [bleep] sides like that...

Good to see him go down, though!

IC B3

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Tanner
I can not understand why that a-hole stands there with his arms at his [bleep] sides like that...

My guess is the first round was tough on Silva ands he was trying to bait Weidman in for a strike. Weidman was too fast, though.

Wathc it on PPV--Still don;t believe it.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My son-in-law said he saw a difference in Silva near the end of the first round. He thought Silva thought he had this guy pegged. He apparently didn't read the stats that Weidman's reach was as long as his. He didn't seem to notice Weidman was as quick as he was so he definitely earned the loss.

He sounded a little loopy after the fight. He said he would not fight for the belt because he is tired but wants ten more fights. crazy He said fighting for the belt is too hard. What in the world does than mean?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Haha the worst shot he took was to his package, watch Weidmans right leg as he goes down

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not a Silva hater but his showboating was over the top. It was great seeing him get served a cup of shut the F up. He got JACKED.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Weidman must have some super fast hand techniques. The punch that ended it was a quasi-hook/left cross and his hand wasn't aligned with his forearm. Silva's jaw wrapped around and hit his own left ear; he was out on his feet. Maybe that'll stop some of that "Look at how great I am" showboating he's been doing. Perhaps in an analysis of the fight someone will ask Silva why he didn't have his hands up. I think he was showboating in the octagon again by taunting Weidman. I'll betcha you won't see him with his hands down again.
Originally Posted by huntsonora

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I think Silva was a bit of a big fish in a small pond, so to speak. There wasn't too much extravagant fighters in that weight class. It seems there are a bunch of guysfighting off or down a weight class. He finally met a well rounded, true 185 guy. Plus, that amds down crap was only going to last so long.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Ali used to pull that crap in exhibition matches where he was "boxing" some over-the-hill white guy. He'd duck and dodge, bob & weave, and the 30+ fighter who was never that good to begin with, couldn't lay a glove on Ali. You never saw Ali pull that bullshit when he was in the ring with Frazier, Foreman, Norton or Holmes.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anderson has been doing that for years and was able to bait every opponent into playing his game. If Weidman had just turned into another one of Anderson's victims, we'd all be talking about how brilliant Anderson is and yadda yadda yadda. Weidman had the chops and composure to do what no one else has been able to do to Anderson. The combo he caught Anderson with was a product of great tape study, studious drilling and the fight IQ to know when to impliment it. He hit Anderson clean, Anderson did his little sarcastic "that hurt" dance, Weidman missed the next shot but then tossed that backhanded right flicker jab. From watching tape of Anderson, he knew that Anderson would crane back and to his left. So as soon as Weidman tossed that flicker jab out there, he threw the left hook (actually almost a borderline left straight). Anderson's head positioning didn't allow for him to recoil at all, and he took the full brunt of the punch - not to mention that he was off balance to begin with. And then Weidman swooped in with the coffin nails on the floor.

Very little of this fight was about what Anderson did wrong or how his showboating bit him in the ass - it's all about what Weidman was able to do. Anderson's showboating is an integral part of his style and Weidman properly trained to deal with it.

Brian.

"You set your own goals for success, and when you succeed it don't necessarily mean that you're going to be a big star or make a lot of money or anything. You'll feel it in your heart whether you've succeeded or not." - Roy Buchanan
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't see all this brilliance everyone is expounding on.

He was show boating and got caught with a half assed flea flicker punch that knocked him out because his head was fully extended rearward and had no where to go...snap-goodnight Irene.

An opportunity presented itself, the guy managed to throw something out there and it stuck. Weidman's entire body was moving towards the spider just as his arm extended and made contact., so that punch had more behind than you might think.

Trying to equate it with the science that goes into a moonshot is a little funny.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 91 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,301 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,696
Posts18,399,917
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.