Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I posted this on another site but I'm so mad I want to expand my reach.

Fraud Alert!

Two weeks ago I saw a good deal on a Leupold VX-3 scope on Al's Sporting Goods website, so I bought two, one each in different transactions. Or tried to. The first one had a hiccup because my billing address was different that my delivery address. I have a PO Box but wanted the scope shipped to my house, no biggie, or so I thought. By the time I worked that out with customer (no) service the scopes were out of stock with no backorder. Dang, well at least I got one, right?

Wrong! They figured the deal was too good so they cancelled the order. But hey, they made up for it by keeping my money. See, they didn't tell me they cancelled my order. I found out only after I called them when the scope didn't show when they said it would.

The nice lady at customer (no) service told me to call today to speak with her supervisor, Nate, to find out what they could do to make me happy. Which, essentially, was to return my money. They cancelled my order a week ago but kept the cash!

Yep, we advertised that scope, but there was a problem with the ad so too bad, we'll give you a few bucks off but that's it, take it or leave it. Too bad we're upping the price by 45% over the advertised price. The funny part is, their "sale" price currently on their website is still $20 more than Cabelas regular price! Thanks for the deep discount, Nate.

So avoid Al's Sporting Goods in Logan, Utah. You have better choices with retailers who actually possess integrity.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
GB1

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bump

Did you contact BBB?

Small claims court?

Last edited by eyeball; 07/15/13.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If it is a published ad, contact the state attorney general's office consumer affairs and file a formal complaint.

Bet you get your scope at the advertised price if you do!

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
I got my money back today and they pulled the ad. I don't think I have a legal recourse.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Let me get this straight. They made a mistake in the listing, you tried to take advantage of their mistake, they caught the mistake and refunded your money, and now you're butt hurt?

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Let me get this straight. They made a mistake in the listing, you tried to take advantage of their mistake, they caught the mistake and refunded your money, and now you're butt hurt?

They advertised a product for several days (false advertising). They took my money. A week later I contacted them. Where's my scope? Oops, we cancelled your order. Would you like the same scope for another 45%? Since we still have your money it's just a few dollars more...

Yeah, I'm butt hurt. You would be, too.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From Al's Sporting goods web site,

No body's perfect! And although we might be darn close we occasionally make mistakes regarding the availability of a product. If this is the case we will apologize. We're sorry. We didn't mean to not have that item that you selected. Something things just sell so fast we can't keep up and with the additional buyers that shop at our Utah locations sometimes that awesome fly rod your ordered was actually sitting in Mrs. Johnson shopping cart waiting to be purchased. If Mrs. Johnson wouldn't have taken so long to make a decision this wouldn't be a problem, but that's another story. Instead now all we can do is offer you an apology and hope that you find something else that you are looking for! Even rarer than the aforementioned event is the chance that a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information. If this is the case we promise we are not trying to mislead you. Sometimes we fat finger a number, hit backspace one to many times or place the wrong picture and when this is the case we reserve the right to cancel or refuse to fulfill any order that might have been placed for such items. If your credit card has already been charged we will issue a credit to the card in the amount of the charge. Again we're sorry that these type of events happen. We work tirelessly to make sure your shopping exerience at Als.com is one of the best you'll have.

Just sayin...

"Good tings come to dose who shoots straight." Alphonse Soady
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bullchit I say.

They cancelled my order without telling me, then made me call them almost a week later to get a refund.

Read the reviews on Google. Apparently I'm not alone in my displeasure. "Even rarer" my @ss.

Fraud, plain and simple.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Probably good to read reviews prior to buying. Just sayin'...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by EdM
Probably good to read reviews prior to buying. Just sayin'...

No kidding, I wish I had. I haven't had an experience this bad in a long time.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
You should send them a thank you card for NOT selling you a Leupold.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just don't do business with them again . if a offer or price sounds to good to be true, then it usually is

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by bea175
Just don't do business with them again . if a offer or price sounds to good to be true, then it usually is

Yeah, but whatever happened to honoring your ad? Since we have a nationwide (global) economy do retailers with an internet presence think it doesn't matter if they pi$$ a few customers off?

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i blame mrs johnson. she probably had your scopes in her cart along with my fly rod.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bet they didn't have the scope in stock in the first place, they run these outrageous low price adds hoping you will buy something else when you find out it isn't in stock . It is a old business tactic , just to get your attention.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.