Hop To
700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
More Pit bulls killing little kids.
Small children seem to a favorite.

Kindergartner dies after attack by pit bull

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Kindergartner-dies-after-attack-by-pit-bulll-225598472.html

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
They killed a 2yo in LA a couple days ago. The description of the attack was brutal, he had no face or throat left amongst other injuries. I know a lot of people love them, but I would never trust a Pit with my child.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Honestly, it's a daily occurrence of pretty much the horror ryoushi describes. I challenge any pit bull owner to google pit bull attacks, read the first 200 and not feel a little more concern about pit bulls and kids. It makes me sick but doesn't surprise me anymore, I just shake my head and keep them far away from my kids....

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
If that had been my kid the pit bull would only be the first one to die..

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
any, and all dogs, are dangerous around children. Pits are probably worse than others, but all dogs can 'turn' on 'ya.

Sam......

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm not a Pit lover, but when I was a kid, the German Shepherd was the kid killer. Then the Doberman. Pitts are a recent phenom with the press. I suppose it's because a good Shep or Dobe costs a lot of money, while anyone can go to a shelter and find a dozen pits to choose from. Tough dog means a tough owner, right? Sort of a badge of courage. Most dogs will protect the home from invaders. They also seem to differentiate between dangerous and benign threats to one's space. Mailmen got bit a lot. But they seldom got mauled.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shepherds & other guard breeds used to be at the top of the list. They still have the same record they've always had, but since the increased popularity of pitts, they've moved out front...by a factor of 5.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
any, and all dogs, are dangerous around children. Pits are probably worse than others, but all dogs can 'turn' on 'ya.

Yeah, if they get rabies.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
10 pits at the residence in that last attack here, and no supervission....

Phil

700LH Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Eight Phil, five outside, three in. No matter really.
The grandparents who owned the dogs, and the parents who dropped off a two year old at the home of a dog pack all should be all charged with negligent homicide.
The dogs involved are already dead as should be.

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

"probably" when was the last time Pack of beagles ripped a child part.

Ted
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Operative word is "pack". I've noticed in a lot of the reports of maulings (as opposed to bite reports) that multiple dogs are involved.

Dog behaviorists/trainers say that in a family environment the dog fits into the "pack" hierarchy and finds security with the human adult(s) being alpha, and dog/kids subordinate. The dogs function well in a structure that they've evolved to fit into. They tend to be protective and/or submissive with humans, rather than aggressive toward them.

But when you get more dogs than people in the "pack", the nature of the pack changes and it's more probable that one or more dogs will come to be seen by the rest of the dogs as the alpha, and regression to dog-pack behavior. This doesn't require attack-training on the part of the owners. Dogs in a dog pack are more likely to regard anything outside the pack, including humans, as threats and/or prey.

I have no use for the "pit bull" breeds and highly distrust them (just as I distrust German Shepherds, Dobermans, and Rottweilers, Greyhouds, and one or two other breeds), but I don't believe banning them is the answer to the problem. However, I think there's a growing body of evidence indicating that having more than 2 of these breeds of dogs in one residence can and should be outlawed.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Exterminate all of them.

Friggen cocked and loaded WMD's.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

451 members (1beaver_shooter, 1_deuce, 160user, 22kHornet, 1lesfox, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 1,807 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,179
Posts18,465,589
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.