A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
http://www.newson6.com/story/23875950/miami-police-officers

Attorney: Dashcam Video Lead To Suspension Of 3 Miami Police Officers

MIAMI, Oklahoma -
Three Miami police officers were suspended after dashcam video of an arrest painted a much different picture than the officer's report.

An attorney shared it exclusively with News On 6.

The driver's attorney got the video through a subpoena. He said the video should be made public and he knows it is the reason his client's DUI charges were dropped.

In the dashcam video from an O-H-P trooper's cruiser, you can hear the trooper turn on his lights as he follows a suspected drunk driver. Once the truck pulls over, a Miami police officer gets out of her car and approaches Jerry Payne's truck.

Payne's attorney, Josh Lee, said her police report doesn't add up with what happens next.

"You're going to see where she says the driver immediately got out of his truck. He never gets out of his truck," Lee said.

Moments later, the trooper is seen pulling Payne out of the truck.

The report says Payne's face was scratched when he was pushed to the ground. Lee, however, believes the driver's injuries came from something else.

"That's a state trooper right there. The lady to the left is a Miami police officer and then the other Miami police officer comes from back over here, and this is when he comes running and kicks Mr. Payne right in the face and you see his head snap back pretty good," Lee said.

Pictures that Lee said were taken after Payne was arrested and booked into jail show the extent of his injuries.

Payne's DUI charges were ultimately dropped after the trooper's video came to light.

"Dash cam is the only thing that's going to try to set the record straight," Lee said. "I am such a believer in them because of things like this, and because I think the public has to know what their government is doing."

That is why Lee said he chose to show us the video and he hopes lawmakers will consider making all dashcam video public record.

"When it's the battle of his word, her word, police officer wins every time," Lee said.

The Miami police chief could not comment on the investigation, but he told us both officers in the video and their supervisor are on paid administrative leave.

OHP says the trooper in the video has not been suspended.

Payne's attorney said they are requesting the city investigate and file perjury and assault and battery charges.

The Ottawa County District Attorney has recused himself from the case. His assistant said it is because he works closely with this department, and felt it was best if he was not involved.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Someday one of these videos may be the straw that breaks the camels back as someone posted on that video. When citizens feel there are more bad cops than good and they cover for each other against the public, the citizens may take the law into their own hands. There may be a serious Us vs Them battle.

I just wish they (present LEO's) would get serious and weed out the turds wearing badges, hiding behind there shields.

futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I now have a 'dash cam' in my truck. It records 30mns - rolled over each minute...in 1080HD.

Who knows? Some day it might save my bacon..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
Someday one of these videos may be the straw that breaks the camels back as someone posted on that video. When citizens feel there are more bad cops than good and they cover for each other against the public, the citizens may take the law into their own hands. There may be a serious Us vs Them battle.

I just wish they (present LEO's) would get serious and weed out the turds wearing badges, hiding behind there shields.

What is the percentage of bad cops? I would bet it is the same as the percentages of bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad bartenders...........

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Redneck - I'd like to know more about your dashcam. Seems to me it's becoming more and more necassary.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

What is the percentage of bad cops? I would bet it is the same as the percentages of bad lawyers, bad doctors, bad bartenders...........

Well thats sure as hell comforting......

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
P
pod Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
its called Nazi Germany 1933-1945

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I smell a Title 1983 lawsuit in the making.

There is no excuse.

The new article mentioned the Miami PD officer's report about the incident, but nothing about the Trooper's report. I wonder what that said? I wonder if that is what led the attorney to subpoena the dashcam video?

Whatever it said, all of them are up to their necks in crap.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Redneck
I now have a 'dash cam' in my truck. It records 30mns - rolled over each minute...in 1080HD.

Who knows? Some day it might save my bacon..
Smart. I've been considering one, too.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
And what if you are on the dirt beside the truck?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i for one am glad we got some of these rogue cops running around as most people need an ass smacking once in a while. saves me the trouble. plus i got a bad back and ass beatings are kind of rough on me anymore.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by eyeball
Nothing's perfect. Could save your skin, though.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by eyeball

It's not a question of perfect, it a question of better, or at least less bad.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by TAGLARRY

If you're betting anything of value, you're not too sharp.

Doctors and Lawyers are at least drawing, by default, from a more educated, higher intellect and more affluent sector of society.

Lawyers that suck don't find work. Doctors that suck lose their license. Bartenders that suck, get fired, Cops that suck, get promoted.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Foxbat

Doctors and Lawyers are at least drawing, by default, from a more educated, higher intellect and more affluent sector of society.

Lawyers that suck don't find work. Doctors that suck lose their license. Bartenders that suck, get fired, Cops that suck, get promoted.

Are you in the twilight zone? I've seen schitty doctors. Had schitty bartenders. And there are plenty of schitty lawyers. Being a cop contrary to campfire belief does not predispose one to being a dickhead.

MAGA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bullshcit. Lawyers that suck become politicians. And soctors that suck get protected by the hospitals they work for

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

This.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Are you in the twilight zone? I've seen schitty doctors. Had schitty bartenders. And there are plenty of schitty lawyers. Being a cop contrary to campfire belief does not predispose one to being a dickhead.

Ah yes, the obligatory campfire anecdotal evidence that proves nothing.

He claimed equal %'s. Even if all 4 professions drew from equivalent talent pools, the market has an effect on doctors, lawyers and bartenders, whereas LEO's are government servants often with unions and work for local, state and federal entities that are predisposed to not admit incompetence, lest they then become legally liable for damages etc.

Anyone with an IQ over room temperature can understand the vast differences involved here.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Says the lawyer. wink

MAGA
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Bullshcit. Lawyers that suck become politicians. And soctors that suck get protected by the hospitals they work for

Most doctors don't work for hospitals.

Those that do, however, have a huge target on their back for the huge sector of trial lawyers who make their bread and butter suing them.

LEO's on the other hand work for those that make the laws. City Hall just doesn't make a good target, if it did, 60% of the bill boards and TV legal representation adverts in the country and 20 pages of the yellow pages would be dedicated to suing LEO's instead of Doctors.

[Linked Image]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

562 members (1minute, 260Remguy, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10GaugeKS, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,140 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,287
Posts18,448,910
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.