Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Now, if ONLY Fox News has the brains to hire her!!! Would give Fox some seriously needed investigative skills, not to mention somebody with the guts to get down and dirty.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2014/03/sharyl-attkisson-to-leave-cbs-news-184836.html

CBS News investigative correspondent Sharyl Attkisson has reached an agreement to resign from CBS News ahead of contract, bringing an end to months of hard-fought negotiations, sources familiar with her departure told POLITICO on Monday.

Attkisson, who has been with CBS News for two decades, had grown frustrated with what she saw as the network's liberal bias, an outsized influence by the network's corporate partners and a lack of dedication to investigative reporting, several sources said. She increasingly felt like her work was no longer supported and that it was a struggle to get her reporting on air.

At the same time, Attkisson's own reporting on the Obama administration, which some staffers characterized as agenda-driven, had led network executives to doubt the impartiality of her reporting. She is currently at work on a book -- tentatively titled "Stonewalled: One Reporter's Fight for Truth in Obama's Washington" -- which addresses the challenges of reporting critically on the Obama administration.

Feeling increasingly stymied and marginalized at the network, Attkisson began talking to CBS News President David Rhodes as early as last April about getting out of her contract. Those negotiations intensified in recent weeks, and her request was finally honored on Monday.

Reached by phone, Attkisson described her resignation as "amicable." She said she will now turn her attention to the book, which is being published by HarperCollins, a division of NewsCorp (and not by Simon & Schuster, a division of CBS Corporation.)

Sonya McNair, the senior vice president for communications for CBS News, said in a statement: �CBS News veteran Sharyl Attkisson is leaving the news division to pursue other endeavors. We appreciate her many contributions and we wish her well.�

But Attkisson had become a polarizing figure at the network, sources there said. While some championed her relentless dedication to investigations -- ranging from defective Firestone Tires to the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal -- others saw evidence of a political agenda, particularly against President Obama. (The bulk of Attkisson�s work since 2009 has focused on the failures or perceived failures of the Obama administration, including the administration�s failed green energy investments and the attack in Benghazi, though she has reported on several Republican failures as well.)

Others have suggested that CBS News itself was politically biased: "It's no secret that Sharyl has been unhappy about CBS's lack of interest in investigative reporting, especially when it comes to stories about the Obama administration," a source close to Attkisson said.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The liberal Gestapo Media strikes again. Truth doesn't count anymore. Just how much farther down the road the press can push their liberal agenda.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Calhoun Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I knew once she broke the Fast & Furious story that her days were numbered. The lefties never forget or forgive somebody who crosses them.

Took longer than I expected tho.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Hope she lives to get the book published and find another job.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Hope she lives to get the book published and find another job.

I just hope she doesn't have an "accident" now...

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
She doesn't have enough info. Holder made sure of that. If she did, she could write her own ticket.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Once her computer was hacked she became very guarded of her speech, (attorney's advice).
But her interview on Fox a year ago there was slight hint that they were hot on the trail of who did or was responsible for the hacking. She wouldn't elaborate any further.

My guess is that she has already been in negotiations with Fox, she knows that the other two major outlets are just as biased as where she's leaving.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I imagine some of us here could be the poster child for hacking by the NSA..

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
"I knew once she broke the Fast & Furious story that her days were numbered. The lefties never forget or forgive somebody who crosses them. ..."

You're 100% correct.

In addition, they never, ever, disengage.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At least it shows that she has integrity.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The liberal Gestapo Media strikes again. Truth doesn't count anymore.
It hasn't for some time now..
Just how much farther down the road the press can push their liberal agenda.
As far as they want to.. Nothing really to stop them, is there?

Originally Posted by Calhoun
I knew once she broke the Fast & Furious story that her days were numbered. The lefties never forget or forgive somebody who crosses them.

Took longer than I expected tho.
That.

Originally Posted by stevelyn
At least it shows that she has integrity.

Correct - now let's see if she can continue to expose the corruption in this regime while at the same time illuminating the liberal agenda foisted on us by the MSM...

In any case - kudos the the lady..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ms. Attkssion operates like reports used to. Its obvious through this next story that she wouldn't acquiesce to the bullcrap our emperor expected.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/05/the-sharyl-attkisson-approach-164751.html?ml=bp

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

610 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 61 invisible), 3,346 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,304
Posts18,468,097
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.