Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
It appears that the Canadian Olympic Mens Hockey team has triumphed at this years Winter Olympic Competion!
Good for them!
I am proud that the American Hockey Team played them so toughly and into OVERTIME!
Thats the way Champions should be crowned - by playing against an equally great team!
Long live Canada!
Three cheers for Canada!
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!
Hip hip hooray!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
It was a great game. I was glad to see it was a close one and well played on both sides. My nephew in Arizona decided that hockey should also be the USA's national sport. Hopefully a lot of viewers tuned in and got their first exposure to a great sport. I've been fortunate to be able to watch many Western Hockey League games and see some of these players when they were as young as 15 (Marleau w/ the Seattle Thunderbirds) and others like Nedermeyer with the Kamloops Blazers. Awesome sport, even better to watch it live at the rink.

Congrats Canada and Congrats USA.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hip hip hooray? You guys are killing me, so help me your killing me. What kind of fans are you anyway? This ain't golf man, hate them Canucks for a day, would it kill you?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Saturday night my kids and I watched local Adult Amature Hockey League game here in my city. Teams tied 2-2 end of period 3. Still tied end of 5 minute overtime. Next step was a shoot-off. Visiting team won, final score 3-2. When we watched the USA-Canuk overtime for the medals it was very cool. Congrats Canada!

GOA
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Barkoff is right.

It is hockey after all!

Hockey players don't forfeit all their front teeth by age 16 teeth to be gentlemen.

Ought to be a bit of internet sword rattling for a day or two at least.

This mutual respect thing gets creepy.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Just to rub your noses in it Yanks.

With this hockey win Canada has won more gold medals than any country ever has at the winter Olympics and more gold medals than the USA and Russia combined.

This is a big improvement from two winter Olympics ago when Canada got beat in the medal standings by Australia where there isn't any ice or snow.

Canadians think hockey when they see ice. Australians thing double scotch and soda.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I thought the new rules were interjected to keep these games from turning into Trap fests.

Good job Canada for going up 2-1 and playing 45 minutes of Trap hockey until the clock ran out.

That game is the exact reason that hockey los so many fans in the late 80's through 90's, 40 minutes of standing at the blue line and dumping the puck the other way gets old to watch fast.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jburner
Just to rub your noses in it Yanks.

With this hockey win Canada has won more gold medals than any country ever has at the winter Olympics and more gold medals than the USA and Russia combined.

This is a big improvement from two winter Olympics ago when Canada got beat in the medal standings by Australia where there isn't any ice or snow.

Canadians think hockey when they see ice. Australians thing double scotch and soda.

THAT'S what I'm talking about, real hockey fans..now all you Canuks can blow me, you got lucky!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Savage2005
I thought the new rules were interjected to keep these games from turning into Trap fests.

Good job Canada for going up 2-1 and playing 45 minutes of Trap hockey until the clock ran out.

That game is the exact reason that hockey los so many fans in the late 80's through 90's, 40 minutes of standing at the blue line and dumping the puck the other way gets old to watch fast.
Glad to see I wasn't the only one that saw it that way, it got so boring there for a bit I went out to the garage and worked on my wifes sled. I caught the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period and almost went through the roof when Parise scored the tying goal with 24 seconds left. Crosby doesn't do a damn thing the whole tournament but since he scored the game winner, he will be revered as the savior of hockey for Canada, whatever. Canada needed that win a lot worse than we did, it would have devistated that country if we would have beat them.

Anyhow, congrats to Canada for winning the gold medal game and for putting on a good tournament and games.

I don't get all this bragging about the most gold medals, how gives a [bleep] really, you still finished 3rd overall.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Barkoff: I of course would have preferred seeing the Americans win that Gold Medal but if the U.S. of A. had to loose the Gold to someone I would prefer it to have been to the Canadians!
I love Canada (except for the politics and the funny way they talk!).
Maybe the Americans can win back the Gold Medal in the next games - I understand those games will be in Russkieville!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Sounds like the Olympic good will is fading fast.
Back to Battle stations?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I wouldn't watch hockey on a bet, but I applaud the Canadian team. Winning a gold medal to cap the hosting country's efforts rates a big thumb's-up from me.

Interesting sidelight: I was in the Denver airport when they scored the first goal. There was a huge cheer - so huge that all the folks around me (no screen visible from there) thought it had to be the US team that had scored. When I learned later that it had been a Canadian goal, I was astounded.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Canucks dodged a bullet, plain and simple. grin Congrats to ya'll wink

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
GO CAPS!!!!!!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
SCREWS the CRAPS!

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We gonna be puttin' a hurtin' on that Canadian Crosby fella come playoff time.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, You really need to quit smokin dope this early in the day. grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jburner

uh, Mt Buller ski resort and several others?

Protect WYDAHO fish and game, fence out Utah.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Originally Posted by Savage2005

Glad to see I wasn't the only one that saw it that way, it got so boring there for a bit I went out to the garage and worked on my wifes sled. I caught the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period and almost went through the roof when Parise scored the tying goal with 24 seconds left. Crosby doesn't do a damn thing the whole tournament but since he scored the game winner, he will be revered as the savior of hockey for Canada, whatever. Canada needed that win a lot worse than we did, it would have devistated that country if we would have beat them.

Anyhow, congrats to Canada for winning the gold medal game and for putting on a good tournament and games.

I don't get all this bragging about the most gold medals, how gives a [bleep] really, you still finished 3rd overall.

Your bang on about that win.Second place would of done nuttin for this country,people or the sport.Myself with that talent pool any medal would make me proud.

But most people don't see it that way.Congats to the USA on their placing.

Also lets not forget Ryan Miller.His play blew me away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Should add I'd rather the most gold medals the best medal count.Nobody ever remembers silver or bronze..Which is sad but thats the world for ya.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 64 invisible), 2,504 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.