Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
...of course since the car is registered to me, I'll have to pay it and take the hit on my record. I watched the video and they followed other cars into the left turn on green that turned yellow and changed to red immediately before they entered the intersection. Technically they ran the red, but this kind of big brother thing makes me so damn mad I'd just about shoot it out with them than pay their damn fine. And it costs over twice as much to fight it. Freedom, liberty and justice for all my azz. Big brother and the man can go pound sand. And some wonder why us serfs come to hate the police. mad

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Here a photo ticket doe NOT go on anyones personal driving record. It is a fine assessed to the vehicle and has NO bearing for insurance purposes.

But I feel your pain I HATE the big brother BS too.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So did you figure out which kid is going to be on foot?

Deal with it.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Red light camera's and tickets have nothing to do with the police. Its all about money for the city. Nothing more nothing less.

Dink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand being pizzed about the ticket, but it doesn't sound like it was a technically illegal move, sounds like a fully illegal move. Also getting pizzed at the man doesn't send the best signal to your kid about being a safe driver.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Y' all know the purpose of traffic tickets don't you?

Y' all know the purpose of traffic laws don't you?

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
revenue

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by DINK
Red light camera's and tickets have nothing to do with the police. Its all about money for the city. Nothing more nothing less.

Dink
Nothing to do with the police? Well, it came in an envelope with the police's return address on it, and written on letterhead with the police's name at the top and it's signed by a police sargent with a badge number. But by my read, all this kind of stuff is about money for the city.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My ex-wife got one of those one time, they sent the pic/ticket in the mail in my name because my name was first on the registration, I went before the judge, showed him that it was not me driving at the time, he dropped the charges!

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Montana passed a law getting rid of stop light cameras.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by heavywalker
revenue

Yup. A traffic ticket is a tax and the traffic laws are the laws that justify the tax.

Oh this is not to say occasionally some good doen't come from a traffic ticket but for the most not enough to have traffic laws and tickets.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would rip it up and throw it away.

It hasn't been properly served. It is not something you are obligated to pay.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
I understand being pizzed about the ticket, but it doesn't sound like it was a technically illegal move, sounds like a fully illegal move. Also getting pizzed at the man doesn't send the best signal to your kid about being a safe driver.
The technically comes in that had it not been for the camera you would not be able to tell if he was in the intersection on the yellow or the red. It was truly a photo finish thing by one frame. I watched it several times until I realized it was that close and he ran the red.

I believe my son was probably driving and he has not had an accident or ticket in the nearly 3 years he has driven alone in a fairly large town (Des Moines). I don't think I need to worry about him getting the wrong signal about safe driving because I disagree with the premise of these big brother Orwellian tactics. If you support the same, that's your right.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by RickyD

Dink
Nothing to do with the police? Well, it came in an envelope with the police's return address on it, and written on letterhead with the police's name at the top and it's signed by a police sargent with a badge number. But by my read, all this kind of stuff is about money for the city.

Where ever you live has a ordinance that says only police can write tickets. Some cities have this changed so court cleks,other city employee's, ect. can sign the tickets. They either make a officer sit watch the video and write the tickets or someone else watches the video and fills out the ticket and officer just signs it.

Dink

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. --H. L. Mencken

www.oregonfirearms.org
R
RickyD Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
R
This kind of stuff does heat me up a little, obviously, as I imagine it does many others. I hope, which is likely ill-conceived, that the city/cops/administrators might come to realize what poor public policy this is and what terrible PR it is for their departments. Of course, that would only matter if they cared and that is highly doubtful in most cases. We are, afterall, merely sheep to be herded and sheared.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
...of course since the car is registered to me, I'll have to pay it and take the hit on my record. I watched the video and they followed other cars into the left turn on green that turned yellow and changed to red immediately before they entered the intersection. Technically they ran the red, but this kind of big brother thing makes me so damn mad I'd just about shoot it out with them than pay their damn fine. And it costs over twice as much to fight it. Freedom, liberty and justice for all my azz. Big brother and the man can go pound sand. And some wonder why us serfs come to hate the police. mad
Since you have the evidence, make THEM pay, and maybe keep the keys away for a few months.. It's THEIR fault and THEY need to learn a lesson.. Even better, let 'em buy their own car and they can run lights whenever they're feeling rich..

As to the cameras, I can understand both sides.. But go anywhere near Murderapolis/Shot Paul and you'll take your life in your hands when going through on a green... I wish they'd ticket every one of 'em to the point of losing their cars/licenses.. When it's RED, you should be STOPPED..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C

Dink

I'm thinking that it has to be signed by a LEO in order to be a citation.

I'm not a big fan of photo tickets either, but the fact is -- if a LEO was there at the time, you son or daughter would have gotten a ticket because ..... they went through a red light. Ticket cams are certainly about budget, but they only record what happens. They don't make stuff up!

Sorry your kid got caught, but it might be a good thing in the long run. Hopefully they'll come away from it as better drivers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This kind of stuff does heat me up a little, obviously, as I imagine it does many others. I hope, which is likely ill-conceived, that the city/cops/administrators might come to realize what poor public policy this is and what terrible PR it is for their departments. Of course, that would only matter if they cared and that is highly doubtful in most cases. We are, afterall, merely sheep to be herded and sheared.

The only way to make them care is to NOT pay it.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Ricky this my take on red light cameras. If the intersection is so dangerous that it needs to be monitored 24 hours a day why won't the city either hire more police officers to sit on these dangerous intersections or pay one of the officers overtime to write tickets at the dangerous intersections. The money from the tickets written should more than cover the overtime cost.

They tell me I am wrong on this matter too.

Dink

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 52 invisible), 2,217 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.