Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, if you're a big Packers fan and you have an extra $88,892, you and three buddies can go to Super Bowl XLV and sit in the lower bowl on the 50-yard line.

I checked it out on stubhub.com. Tickets in the premium club 136 section are going for a mere $22,223 a seat. And I see there's four of them left.

However, if things are a little tight this month, you might want to consider some of the other seats in that section. There's nine available at $13,335 a seat.

But I must warn you that parking is not included in the prices. And I had one person tell me he's seen parking for as much as $900 near the stadium. Hope that's not a deal-breaker for ya.

I'd pay that for parking. Of course, I'd have to live, eat, sleep and shower there for most of February.

Who are these people who pay these prices? Even a gazillionaire has to at some point say, "Ya know, paying 22 grand to watch a football game makes me look like a sucker. I think I'll just buy another car instead."

Stubhub did have tickets for as low as $2,049 for upper-bowl seats in the corner.

By the way, face value for tickets is $600 to $800 for upper bowl, $900 for lower bowl and $1,200 for club seating.

It will be interesting to see which fans win the ticket-buying battle. Steeler fans overtook Raymond James Stadium in Tampa two years ago. But that was no contest. They were up against Cardinals fans.

Packer fans are just as nuts loyal and well-traveled as Steeler fans. There will be a lot of gold. But will the second most popular color in the stadium be Packer green or Steeler black?

story

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you would have to pay me......I am not a football fan at all.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

++1

=========================================================
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm thinking if the Vikings were in the super bowl (huge stretch I know) the scabbers would be cutting their losses, offering tickets on ebay for a buy it now of $50...grin

I dont often take shots at queens fans, but when I do...

Friendly jab. grin

Do it today. Tomorrow there may be a law against it.
NRA Life Member
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I could care less.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Reloder28
I could care less.

How much less could you care?

That said - ticket prices like this and someone claiming no one's gonna watch the game in another thread.

Me

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I got a call from an acquaintance a few years back- he needed some help finding his bud a decent business aircraft. Seems his friend had a reasonable amount of success in his business- selling tickets and ticket futures. Huge money for the taking- some fools and their money easily separated.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's going to be much cheaper and warmer in front of my TV.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I could care less about watching either of the 2 teams play for the Super Bowl.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't go for free.

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by fluffy
Hey, if you're a big Packers fan and you have an extra $88,892, you and three buddies can go to Super Bowl XLV and sit in the lower bowl on the 50-yard line.

I checked it out on stubhub.com. Tickets in the premium club 136 section are going for a mere $22,223 a seat. And I see there's four of them left.

However, if things are a little tight this month, you might want to consider some of the other seats in that section. There's nine available at $13,335 a seat.

But I must warn you that parking is not included in the prices. And I had one person tell me he's seen parking for as much as $900 near the stadium. Hope that's not a deal-breaker for ya.

I'd pay that for parking. Of course, I'd have to live, eat, sleep and shower there for most of February.

Who are these people who pay these prices? Even a gazillionaire has to at some point say, "Ya know, paying 22 grand to watch a football game makes me look like a sucker. I think I'll just buy another car instead."

Stubhub did have tickets for as low as $2,049 for upper-bowl seats in the corner.

By the way, face value for tickets is $600 to $800 for upper bowl, $900 for lower bowl and $1,200 for club seating.

It will be interesting to see which fans win the ticket-buying battle. Steeler fans overtook Raymond James Stadium in Tampa two years ago. But that was no contest. They were up against Cardinals fans.

Packer fans are just as nuts loyal and well-traveled as Steeler fans. There will be a lot of gold. But will the second most popular color in the stadium be Packer green or Steeler black?

story

And I'm sure somebody just might snap that up.. Not me. Not ever.. I'll watch from home.. TONS cheaper..

Fluggy, mebbe you and a couple other Queens fans should buy those tix so you can actually say you went to a Super Bowl.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by crittergetter
I could care less about watching either of the 2 teams play for the Super Bowl.
I'd feel the same way if it was Dallas/Pittsburg...

smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I hope they have a SUPER bowl soon, that will not sell out.
then you will know what the max tickets are.

But there are enough fans with $$$ to make it profitable.

I am still suprised the game is free on TV
I would have guessed that by 2011, it would be pay for view to watch live.
Same with the World Series and Daytona 500.

But what the crap di I know?

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by elkhunter76

Plus one for all commercial pro and college football sports here.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck

story

And I'm sure somebody just might snap that up.. Not me. Not ever.. I'll watch from home.. TONS cheaper..

Fluggy, mebbe you and a couple other Queens fans should buy those tix so you can actually say you went to a Super Bowl.. laugh laugh
Redhead,your not going,and you call yourself a fan? your one of the family,one of the chosen few,and your not going?You sound more like a queens fan everyday.

Last edited by fluffy; 01/28/11.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never been to any football game that I, a family member or friend was playing in. No pro games and I don't see that changing.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Redhead,your not going,and you call yourself a fan? your one of the family,one of the chosen few,and your not going?
The proper word is 'you're'... And nah, no way would I go.. Only rich guys like YOU could afford tix like that..
You sound more like a queens fan everyday.
In your DREAMS... Only time I'll root for the Queens is when they're in CA... laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Heard on radio this am, some guy wanted to trade his vintage 71 corvette for 4 tickets.
He REALLY wants to go.
I like my seat in my family room ---

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Redhead,your not going,and you call yourself a fan? your one of the family,one of the chosen few,and your not going?
The proper word is 'you're'... And nah, no way would I go.. Only rich guys like YOU could afford tix like that..
In your DREAMS... Only time I'll root for the Queens is when they're in CA... laugh laugh

now your a grammar nazi? laugh

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

now your a grammar nazi? laugh
It's 'you're'.. And you're supposed to capitalize 'now' at the start of a sentence... laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,523
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.