-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Naysayers,....take heed,....this is NOT going away,....
as much as YOU would LIKE it to,....for whatever warped and twisted internal problems plaguing you, or (SPLC $$$ ? ) commitments to subversive philosophies driving you.
so quit beaking off, and lecturing about "Reality".

.....your "in the Toilet" morale is NOT our [bleep]' problem, get thee hence, and troll elsewhere.

wink

Link: http://www.azreporter.com/tt/index.php?id=1518

"Simply Not True," states Border Patrol Council
TUCSON - The National Border Patrol Council, said in a press statement today that recent comments made by Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano concerning border safety, "Are wrong and give citizens a false sense of security." regarding Napolitano's statement made during a visit of Arizona border towns this week, when she stated that the idea that violence is spilling into U.S. border cities is "wrong" and that, "the border is better now than it ever has been."
Bookmark and Share

Today's statement made by Shawn P. Moran, Vice President of the NBPC; the labor union that represents more than 17,000 Border Patrol Agents and support staff, spoke of the increasing violence that has occurred along the border in recent years showing that crime is, "Indeed spilling over from Mexico."

"It is time for the political games to stop for fear of insulting the government of Mexico." said Moran. "U.S. citizens are being kidnapped and killed while our Border Patrol agents fight a war at home that no one will allow them to win. Not one more Border Patrol agent should fall or citizen be victimized because our government fails to act. Mexico is hemorrhaging violence and we are being hit with the splatter."

We spoke with Moran earlier today, "Were amazed," he stated to AzReporter.com, referring to the lack of acknowledgement by the Obama Administration of the increasing crime wave affecting the southwestern border states. "The U.S.-Mexico border is unsafe and to say anything else is not true."

1,200 National Guard troops stationed along the border are scheduled to be dismissed from duty stations in June after being deployed by President Obama in 2010. "Were babysitting National Guard troops with no net gain," Moran told the Arizona Reporter (AZReporter.com). "National Guard troops are in a support role only and what we need is a greater enforcement role."

National Guard troops are anticipated to be replaced by 1,000 newly hired Border Patrol Agents. When asked of budgets to allow such direct increases in staffing, Mr. Moran commented, "This comes from existing budgets which we don't have. The executive branch is constantly cutting the budgets and salaries of experienced agents and reallocating those budgets to other authorities."

Moran concluded, "Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry would not have been brutally murdered by heavily armed Mexican criminals operating over 13 miles inside the United States. In some countries that is construed as an act of war, but here we get words not deeds when Napolitano terms events like this as evidence, "there is much to do with our colleagues in Mexico in respect to the drug cartels."

Texas State Sen. Tommy Williams (R) at a news conference on Thursday announced the formation of a bipartisan state delegation scheduled to meet with the executive branch over border security in Washington and to further discuss a cost analysis of immigration enforcement needs, as reported by CBS correspondent Stephanie Condon earlier this week.

Presence of U.S. troops along the Southwestern U.S. Border seemingly remain a national subject of speculation, as a continued effort to quell violence and the flow of drugs, guns and money alongside illegal immigration, conflict with legitimate trade between the U.S. and Mexico.

Arizona Senator John McCain (R) said in a statement reported by the Arizona Daily Star on Thursday that, "The administration was making a mistake by withdrawing the National Guard."

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Who is the Border Control Council?

From what I can find it is a union?
http://www.nbpc1613.org/

Every statistic I find, and I have to admit most statistics I see are dated up to mid 2010, don't support all the mayhem you keep talking about.

Tell me what we can get from the NBPC as far as real statistics?

Last edited by kraky111; 03/25/11.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"Tell me what we can get...."

No,

...go get [bleep], doosh person.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can guarantee you that no one in our four valleys over here (the San Bernardino, San Simon, the Animas and the Playas) regard the border as secure. The cartels are forcing several groups of 20-40 illegals to go north almost every night. BP swarms on these large groups. (I counted 31 BP units week before last looking for 30-40 UDAs supposed to be going north in a segment of 8 miles of Hwy 9). Then, the drug smugglers move. This is 40-50 miles north of the border.

Once they get north of Hwy 9 they don't have to worry about BP. They are armed and they don't encounter anyone but ranchers and other locals who are going about their business. Then they get to I-10.

When they drop their loads and head back south, they are looking for things to steal. This is when they break into houses and trucks, steal tractors, and even backhoes and road graders. A year ago, one of these scum broke into a truck at Herb Martyr campground over in the Chiricahua National Forest and stole a Glock 9mm handgun and a couple of cell phones. The next morning he used the pistol to shoot and kill my friend Rob Krentz.

How would you like to wake up to a Sunday morning this time of year with no wind (a rare occurrence) and find it is a perfect morning to go shooting. Shortly after sunrise, with your portable bench set up and your targets set out (your range is about a mile or so north of the house), a BP unit drives up and waves you off. You pull the ear muffs off and walk down beyond the targets to see what he wants.

He tells you that a horse patrol is trailing a big group of UDAs this way and advises you to pack up and go back to the house.
You say, "No problem, I will keep an eye out for them." He says, "Nope, there could be a problem, so get your stuff back in the Ranger and get out of here." Would that make you feel secure? This has happened to me three times since New Years Day.

Would you feel secure? The only security that I feel is in the arms that I carry on a daily basis and the plan that my wife and I have to deal with in the event of what is now euphemistically termed a "home invasion".

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Having worked on and off on the border for the past 15 years I would say that the border is no better now. In fact I would say it is less secure and more open to criminals and people who would do us harm than ever. That is not fault of the BP but of the current administration.

Thanks to crossfire for keeping this on the front line of the news cycle

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
He tells you that a horse patrol is trailing a big group of UDAs this way

I had seen a video clip of some ranchers near Krenz. In the video the guy was complaining that the BP was letting the bad guys come inland way to far before acting. Your statement sure seems to back that. Why don't they get on them as soon as they identify them? Sounds like we know the corridors they use...why don't we act on them?
I'm not trying to be a smartass here...just curious. From an outsiders view it appears we're playing somewhat of a cat and mouse game.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kraky111
He tells you that a horse patrol is trailing a big group of UDAs this way

I had seen a video clip of some ranchers near Krenz. In the video the guy was complaining that the BP was letting the bad guys come inland way to far before acting. Your statement sure seems to back that. Why don't they get on them as soon as they identify them? Sounds like we know the corridors they use...why don't we act on them?
I'm not trying to be a smartass here...just curious. From an outsiders view it appears we're playing somewhat of a cat and mouse game.

First, the statistics you seek from CBP are not there because they collect only internal stats, not something tallied for disclosure like the UCR (Uniform Crime Report) is. How the system works is the subject for a much longer post.

Second, the guys on the ground are too few to be put "right on the border". They concentrate their efforts at common travel points and also have roving patrols. Squeeze the bad guys in one spot and they squirt out in another.

There ARE solutions. None are cheap, all take time, and they need to be done by professionals, not by the politicians.

We ARE playing a cat and mouse game because the ROE are not suited to a war, which is what we have, they are suited to a "police action".
This is because we are letting politicians set those ROE's, not the pros.

Most folks here see this situation through the eyes of a warrior and see the solutions from that perspective.
Nothing wrong with that at all. If you look back at human history (not just American), the best statesmen have been warriors because they have lived with the thought processes of fighting vs. not fighting and have seen the results of both scenarios.

Just my $0.02

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
"it appears we're playing somewhat of a cat and mouse game."

More like an ostrich Game , Mister,.....with it's head in the sand.

"Every statistic I find, and I have to admit most statistics I see are dated up to mid 2010, don't support all the mayhem you keep talking about."

So you're just NOW waking up to this well established and escalating invasion , with "Beach Heads" (O.P.s) on all of our High ground, and the ROE's that FORBID dealing with it?

You're not going to LEARN anything about it studying "statistics"

GTC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No arguement, that the border is or has been less secure. The agencies involved have received more money & personnel then ever before in history, this since 9/11 etc. The illegals have been allowed to pass for many years, well before your 15 yrs in Cochise Co.

This state alone has seen a 134% increase of Hispanics, according to the latest census info. over the previous census. The precentage of illegals is probably 133.5%.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Gee, we need to break the Border Patrol Council just like union organizing in Wisconsin so that independent voices cannot disrupt the party line (perhaps the Wisconsin Governor can advise). We need to quiet these outspoken people.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Well...we can send down Scotty Walker to do that. And he can bring the new head of the Wis State Patrol with him. He's the 68 year old dad of the Fitzgerald boys who now run the house and senate in Wis. The dad couldn't even get elected sherriff and is now the head of the state patrol which will "juice" his retirement package with the state.
Didn't Phoenix just bump a Police Chief for claiming crime was up 3 fold to get federal grants? Maybe Fitzgerald could take up that spot for the Az'ers. He'd probably get alot of support from the Wis Union people that are retired in AZ. (not)

Last edited by kraky111; 03/26/11.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Napolitano is a complete idiot.

After 9/11 she blamed Canada for letting in the terrorists.

She's dumber than a post.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by BCBrian
Napolitano is a complete idiot.

After 9/11 she blamed Canada for letting in the terrorists.

She's dumber than a post.

You mean like some of the posts here on the forum? smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,375 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,323
Posts18,468,478
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.