Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

**NSFW**

Pretty much sums up the hype that was Hurricane Irene.

Can't believe they weren't running a delay.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
AH yes, the pitfalls of LIVE TV! I love it, serves em right!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"the hype that was Hurricane Irene"

Some of today's News coverage actually has a DISAPPOINTED air about it,......as thought they wish it had been worse, or something equally stupid.

Very strange event, in a LOT of ways, this (thankfully) "Non-event".

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Talked to my son in Virgina Beach this morning and he says it was like a nor'easter they get from time to time.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
...Some of today's News coverage actually has a DISAPPOINTED air about it,......as thought they wish it had been worse, or something equally stupid.
GTC

That feeling of disappointment always comes across to me as well when the doom that they predicted doesn't live up to their expectations.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just got off the phone with my buddy in the Bronx, he says it was a non-event there. leaves off some trees and some branches broken. Storm drains took care of the heavy rain no sweat.

Hasn't seen any news people either.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by T LEE
Just got off the phone with my buddy in the Bronx, he says it was a non-event there. leaves off some trees and some branches broken. Storm drains took care of the heavy rain no sweat.

Hasn't seen any news people either.

I'm sure that they all rushed off to where they could be of more help.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
yep, all the major networks, including the beloved Fox and Cnn over hyped it greatly, imho. nothing unusual about ABC news upping the hype.

the weather reporters even started talkied about the real problem being the next few days when flooding of the rivers would really be a problem.

they built too much danger into the hyperbole. sure, there's a possible Hurricane coming, or maybe not.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ha! I was watching that but somehow missed the guy dropping trou. That weather guy was being a major weenie. How dare anyone go outside after he advised them not to.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Laffin....
Burst his hero bubble....

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never seen such hand wringing caterwauling in my life. Well, and bare butts and other parts too. LMAO! laugh

These news peeps, all of 'em, need to get a life. Sad commentary on the profession there.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
This is the funniest vid I've seen all year! LMFAO

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Talked to my son in Virgina Beach this morning and he says it was like a nor'easter they get from time to time.

in addition to being a doofus, he's also a liar....Norfolk had no gusts over 50, and winds weren't increasing. Sustained winds were in the 30s. But that would have made him feel silly to stand there in the rain and tell you it's blowing nearly 35 here, because the natural reaction is....well, then why are you there?

you can scroll down to the hourly wind chart for Norfolk here:

http://www.wunderground.com/history...NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

693 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 72 invisible), 3,063 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,267
Posts18,467,209
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.