S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S

Open Letter to All Federal Firearms Licensees

Facilitating Transfers of Firearms between Private Individuals

The purpose of this open letter is to remind all Federal firearms licensees (FFL) of their read ability to enhance public safety and assist law enforcement by encouraging and facilitating transfers of firearms between private individuals through their businesses.

An open letter to all Federal Firearm Licensees

Last edited by sse; 01/16/13.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

GB1

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I guess this would be #6...wow, impressive.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All it says is "encouraging and facilitating transfers of firearms between private individuals through their business"

Of course, there's a lot of FFL's that refused to accept from an out of state private party scratching their heads now:

FFL's may acquire firearms from any person in any state

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wish the 01FFL's in this part of the state would take this to heart. Practically no dealers around Tulsa will even do a transfer and the ones that do are asking outrageous transfer fees.

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by morecowbell
I wish the 01FFL's in this part of the state would take this to heart. Practically no dealers around Tulsa will even do a transfer and the ones that do are asking outrageous transfer fees.

Oh, that will likely continue.

The XO doesn't cover reimbursement...

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There it is, will make it MORE expensive to do it IMHO.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I charge $20 for a transfer, and $10 for a transfer for police/fire/ems/military/former military.

NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I doubt that it will change an FFL's behavior at all. If they won't do it now, they won't do it in the future. Might get a few small shops that are hurting for business and cash that advertise it to the gullible or the paranoid (how many folks come here asking about gun transfer laws?). But doing all the log entries and phone call and having the risk of ATF nailing you on having the paperwork filled out wrong just doesn't make it worthwhile for in state transfers where the gun can just be handed over.

Last edited by Calhoun; 01/16/13.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by garyh9900
I charge $20 for a transfer, and $10 for a transfer for police/fire/ems/military/former military.

never figured out the discount to cops. What makes them special?

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They already require INTERSTATE sales to go thru FFLs. That's the extent of their authority.

I don't see how they can stretch the commerce clause to require INTRASTATE sales to go thru FFL's.

Of course, if a common carrier is used, that MIGHT open the door.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I doubt that it will change an FFL's behavior at all. If they won't do it now, they won't do it in the future. Might get a few small shops that are hurting for business and cash that advertise it to the gullible or the paranoid (how many folks come here asking about gun transfer laws?). But doing all the log entries and phone call and having the risk of ATF nailing you on having the paperwork filled out wrong just doesn't make it worthwhile for in state transfers where the gun can just be handed over.

I wouldn't want to use them for the in state transfer, I'm talking about out of state transfers. They've banded together to try and make locals buy their overpriced crap so they make the profit. One dealer even told me if it was a gun he could purchase, it was $75 if it was one he could not order $50. [bleep]'em all.

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I don't see how they can stretch the commerce clause to require INTRASTATE sales to go thru FFL's.

They can't, that's why they're asking...

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
This one I actually like 3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.

Used to be I could buy a rifle when visiting family back east but that stopped because some states stopped sharing and the background check could not be processed.

Ted
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
All but one of the FFL's in my area refused to do a transfer when I bought a firearm from an individual.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RWE
All it says is "encouraging and facilitating transfers of firearms between private individuals through their business"

Of course, there's a lot of FFL's that refused to accept from an out of state private party scratching their heads now:

FFL's may acquire firearms from any person in any state

Too funny...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by curdog4570
They already require INTERSTATE sales to go thru FFLs. That's the extent of their authority.

Of course, if a common carrier is used, that MIGHT open the door.

They can't. That's what makes the document toilet paper. It's all fluff.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by sse

They can't, that's why they're asking...

They are scared to try to get Congress to pass a law for it, but its long been established that they can regulate intrastate commerce when they feel it affects interstate commerce.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10Glocks, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 163bc, 1lessdog, 53 invisible), 2,077 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,198
Posts18,465,978
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.