Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hay in the ghetto this is nothing more than EEOC vocational training.

NRA Lifetime Member
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
'common core' has got to mean 'lowest common denominator'. Looks like they want to dumb down all kids to the level of ghetto rats.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Common Core" has become a sad euphemism for lousy educational leaders and lazy low-grade unionized teachers who do not care about our future - and who are sacrificing the learning of millons of young people.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Common Core" is the reason that my sister-in-law is retiring from teaching.

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I would love for just one of these ass holes to explain to me why the need to teach my kid about the n igger culture with rap music and do or die... pimps in the forth [bleep] grade. I would slap their [bleep] teeth right out of their [bleep] mouth.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
'common core' has got to mean 'lowest common denominator'. Looks like they want to dumb down all kids to the level of ghetto rats.

Much easier to keep an uneducated person under the government thumb.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
well Pat, there is always that. Since there are few real coincidences in life, I fear you are spot on.

Sam......

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Most teachers absolutely despise Common Core. They know it for what it is but are forced to use it because of politics. From Washington on down to the state houses, laws are being passed that won't work in the real world and the teachers for the most part know that.

These new laws are requiring teachers to work an extra 10-20 hours per week to meet the paperwork demands of administration. So much time is being required to show that the teachers are teaching the Common Core standards that the teacher has too little time for actual classroom preparation.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

These new laws are requiring teachers to work an extra 10-20 hours per week to meet the paperwork demands of administration. So much time is being required to show that the teachers are teaching the Common Core standards that the teacher has too little time for actual classroom preparation.

That would get some of the teachers here up to almost full time hours...

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Central planning = mega fail. But, it does allow for tyrannical control of indoctrination.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser

I averaged 50 hours per week while on the clock for just over 36.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smalljawbasser

Teachers in some situations - particularly unionized - may not be accountable for 40 productive hours every week, but I think that aspect is not worthy of emphasis in the face of the bigger issues. And, any blanket statement of that type seems demeaning of the many dedicated teachers who work long and challenging hours on behalf of students - and our society. I say that as an insider who did so and who worked with many great teachers who did likewise - and many still do. As for the Common Core and any other such government stupidity, there is no "program", or "law", or anything else that will improve a lazy, non-caring ineffective teacher - they simply don't belong there.

The Common Core concept is a demeaning program pushed forward by power hungry politicians and aided more locally by non-thinking ignorami who pose as educational leaders. It will do nothing to improve overall effectiveness in our schools. It will, in fact, lead to even lower standards and even less learning - especially in those schools that already are poor and where the local parents/authorities continually neglect the important issues.

Those who describe it as an effort to undermine our values and way of life and give more control to a central government are making a strong point. I only wish that this horrible degredation were something new - for it is not. Review developments over the past 40 years in our public schools.

A lot of people rightfully seem exercised about the problems with Obamacare - but goverment degredation of public school education, aided by local fools, is a far worse threat to this country.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The farther the school system's autonomy is removed from the local level the lower things will go. I taught for 38 years and still cannot believe how far we have dropped. When Tennessee "won" the Race to the Top money, the feds simply got control over the state school system. I warned my colleagues when it happened, but all most could see was "free money".

I retired at the end of the 2012 school year not because I got tired of the kids, but because I got tired of the politics of education. Politicians have learned that they can run for office by bashing schools and teachers (like a lot of folks on here), but they know they cannot win by blaming the real causes such as single parent families, rampant illegitimacy in black neighborhoods, apathetic parents, etc. Not many people take the time to realize that one reason schools are failing is the ridiculous laws teachers and administrators are compelled to work under like Common Core, Zero Tolerance, dumbing down of textbooks, and making textbooks politically correct.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Pat85

Indeed it is, This is exactly what I fear is going on.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Common Core.....affirmative action meets education. Get them dumbed down now so they can compete for employment equeally later.

Sean
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Pat85
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

Spot on sir...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The farther the school system's autonomy is removed from the local level the lower things will go. I taught for 38 years and still cannot believe how far we have dropped. When Tennessee "won" the Race to the Top money, the feds simply got control over the state school system. I warned my colleagues when it happened, but all most could see was "free money".

I retired at the end of the 2012 school year not because I got tired of the kids, but because I got tired of the politics of education. Politicians have learned that they can run for office by bashing schools and teachers (like a lot of folks on here), but they know they cannot win by blaming the real causes such as single parent families, rampant illegitimacy in black neighborhoods, apathetic parents, etc. Not many people take the time to realize that one reason schools are failing is the ridiculous laws teachers and administrators are compelled to work under like Common Core, Zero Tolerance, dumbing down of textbooks, and making textbooks politically correct.

LH knows whereof he speaks. Good post.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,029 guests, and 1,126 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,879
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.