Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
So i think i have settled on the BCS tent to suit my needs. Next Is the stove. What are most people running for a stove size.. Most nights with it will be between zero and twenty degrees.

I don't want to ruffle any feathers as i know that ED T has a great following here but i was trying to decide between a TI Goat and one of his and was hoping that he or someone else could comment on both types and maybe what makes either better then the other.

life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who THREATEN it!!!!
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try and get tigoat to sell you anything. Everything I've ever looked at from them is out of stock "available soon". Been like that for years!

I suggest you get Ed to build you one. The man darn near invented fire! Ok, that might be a stretch, but they are the best thing going!

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
If you have the time, DIY stoves are fun. Ed is providing me with the titanium. There are plenty of write ups on making them around the net. You can PM me if you want some specifics.

Some are making stainless round stoves out of containers purchased at Walmart or similar. Those lessen the fiddle factor.

If you have room for more weight, 8" stove pipe makes one of the cheaper stoves around.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JFKinYK
If you have the time, DIY stoves are fun. Ed is providing me with the titanium. There are plenty of write ups on making them around the net. You can PM me if you want some specifics.

Some are making stainless round stoves out of containers purchased at Walmart or similar. Those lessen the fiddle factor.

If you have room for more weight, 8" stove pipe makes one of the cheaper stoves around.

PM sent

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from Ed

IC B2

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I have had good experience with Titanium Goat. I recently ordered a carbon fiber pole from them and it was here in 3 days. Had an older model of the cylinder stove and it was well built, light and worked great. I believe they have been improved a bit ( legs at both ends,etc) Not sure what biathlonman was trying to buy but have never had to wait long for anything I have bought from them ( tipi, bivy, stove, pole)

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by timat46
I wouldn't hesitate to buy one from Ed

I have one on order

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Try and get tigoat to sell you anything. Everything I've ever looked at from them is out of stock "available soon". Been like that for years!

I suggest you get Ed to build you one. The man darn near invented fire! Ok, that might be a stretch, but they are the best thing going!

My experience with T I Goat has been the same
Tim

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Ive got an smaller Ti Goat cyclinder stove and one of Ed's 22" stoves for my Ti Goat 6.5 Vertex. Basically this shelter is pretty close to the BCS sizewise.

It's pretty warm with the 22" stove, and light with the small Ti Goat stove.

I think it's like 3.7 lbs for the shelter and I'm not sure of the stove weight, but even the larger 22" version is pretty light.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I was thinking that maybe a 16" stove would be about perfect for 95% of situations.

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I built my own out of SS to avoid costly mistakes on my first try. I wished I would have used ti, because it really wasn't hard. It took me awhile to get it the way I wanted it, but I was in no hurry. I have plans to make a short body, and long body, that will fit on to the same stove ends. Depending on wx or shelter you could decide to take the small or bigger stove with only changing one piece of the equation.

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Indeed the 16" stove is really adequate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had a 16" stove from Ed T in my BCS....heated it very nicely IMO....a 22" would be a bit too big for that shelter for my uses.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 222Sako, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 54 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,501
Posts18,452,486
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.