-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This just came my way a couple days ago. I'm not affiliated in any way. The dude seems like your average gear geek that's into mods. He's managed to turn it into a business anyhow.

I still think MR should [bleep] the NICE frame and build packs more Kifaruesque. But, this looks like a good band-aid. From what I've heard, if you're interested in one, pre-order it NOW or very soon.

http://oneirosvalley.com/

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw those a while ago. I hope I don't need them.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
I bought the gen 1. It makes a huge difference! I'm blown away that MR didn't come up with this themselves.I am getting the next gen as well. I was planning on ditching my MR pack until I stumbled across this. As someone who is on a budget and trying to follow the buy once,cry once philosophy in my gear purchases I was pretty upset with my crewcab and loadsling performance. I am now placated but still shake my head at MRs stubbornness in not addressing this issue. For the sake of a few bucks its money well spent.

Warren

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Apparently MR finally got the message as well:
http://www.mysteryranch.com/items-in-progress/nice-frame-extender

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Oh snap. I was pretty pissed when I originally bought my MR pack and realized it had essentially no lift. Ordering one of these time now.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I never knew the NICE frame needed hope.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

That figures.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

That figures.

Lol

O
O
It's nice to see our name being brought up on the boards, Dan. We did our best to market our Gen I LLP but the cost to manufacture was just too high to make it a reasonable option for most. We�re very happy with the Gen II LLP and think we found a good mix of features and weight versus cost.

I haven�t had a chance to play around with MR�s NICE Extender, so I can�t comment on its performance, but our experience with the .5� carbon fiber stays was that they�re too prone to breakage to be a good standard option. MR�s Extender may not suffer from this breakage issue because the stays are attached at the top. We wanted to avoid going that route to keep the top as slick as possible (to avoid snagging on anything) and to retain unhindered access to the carry handle. I�m looking forward to testing theirs out and seeing how it performs.

Most of our current lineup focuses on improving other frame systems, mainly MR�s, but we have our own frame and pack in the works that we expect will address many of the shortcomings of current pack systems.

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
From the looks of the MR extender I would rather stick with the Onaris Valley product as it is adjustable and from photos looks to be more secure.

Warren

Pardon my fat fingered I-phone typing
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DanAdair
This just came my way a couple days ago. I'm not affiliated in any way. The dude seems like your average gear geek that's into mods. He's managed to turn it into a business anyhow.

I still think MR should [bleep] the NICE frame and build packs more Kifaruesque. But, this looks like a good band-aid. From what I've heard, if you're interested in one, pre-order it NOW or very soon.

http://oneirosvalley.com/

I bitched about the NICE from day 1. Apparently MR finally grew ears... something they're not especially good at.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hey, Brad, where have you been? Seems like you just disappeared from here and I wuz wondering if you were/are OK?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All's well Dewey, and thanks for the good thoughts... just not much to say!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Brad
You better be saying a lot of good things come 5pm EST! St. Louis first playoff game is tonight! laugh

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Brad
You better be saying a lot of good things come 5pm EST! St. Louis first playoff game is tonight! laugh

You bet... should be a good series!

Just hope I'm laying in my tent on the eve of the elk opener listening to The Red Birds in the World Series!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It should be a great series. I think it's in the Cards favor that Liriano pitched the other night. They don't hit him well.

I hope you're right! Just wish I was in the tent too...

...wait. That doesn't quite sound right. wink You'll be elk hunting and by then, I'm hoping to be back to work.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by pointer

...wait. That doesn't quite sound right. wink

LOL!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had to miss the first 6 innings last night as I was coaching 6-7yo flag football. Glad the drubbing was in the Cards favor. One good thing about the gridlock in Congress is I'll be home today for the 1:07 EST start...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (257man, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,597 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,671
Posts18,456,012
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.