Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I received my Super Tuck back from Crossbreed yesterday. I had them do the Combat Cut and loosen the retention which was to tight for my liking . The pistol was just to hard to retrieve from the holster in a hurry. I carried it for a while but just could get used it being so hard to get out of the holster. Photos of before and after .
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I love my supertuck, but will probably get the combat cut on my next one.

bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I tried it without and it was very comfortable, but i will sacrifice to be able to get the gun out in a hurry. I'm getting ready to order another one for my S&W M&P and it will have the Combat Cut.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by bea175
I received my Super Tuck back from Crossbreed yesterday. I had them do the Combat Cut and loosen the retention which was to tight for my liking . The pistol was just to hard to retrieve from the holster in a hurry. I carried it for a while but just could get used it being so hard to get out of the holster. Photos of before and after .

I did my own combat cut but will order it pre-cut next time. I'm curious about the "loosen the retention" part of what you wrote. What did they do to it to loowen it Bea175, any idea??? I was told to simply take a hair dryer and set it on hot and blow-dry it until it gets warm and then insert a lubricated handgun in it at that point. I didn't need to do that on mine, so maybe it's an urban legend.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
bea175 Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
They use heat until the indent that holds the pistol in isn't as tight. I just ordered another with the Combat Cut for M&P 9MM in horse-hide, just like the one for my Sig and specified i didn't want the pistol to be hard to draw from the holster or have to be jerked to get it out. I carried my Sig yesterday in the Holster after the Combat cut and in my opinion it is much more comfortable than before and the pistol draws from the holster with little effort . If you order one i would recommend the Combat Cut over the holster without it . They told me unless you specify they will make the retention on the tight side .

IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 55 invisible), 2,953 guests, and 1,233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,354
Posts18,468,882
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.