Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Here is another reason I don't believe a 9mm Glock can be blown up from factory ammunition. A place where I work has military units show up with Glocks periodically. They mostly shoot GI ammo through them. YOU CAN'T BUY civilian/commercial ammo loaded as hot as that stuff. ZERO kabooms to date.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You can blow anything up given the right set of circumstances.

NRA Life Member
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
I have put quite a few cases of ammo through various issued .gov G19s and have never seen one have an issue. The ammo was all issued stuff, JHP and ball.

Heck, while closing down one embassy, I personally burned through roughly 15,000 rounds in 3.5 months. I was not going to leave a single bit of it behind for our allies (enemy) Iraqi Ahole jerkoffs.

That being said, I have heard it happening enough from people I know and trust to understand that even if I have not seen it happen personally, it can happen.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If the Glock was that easy to blow up it wouldn't have become the Number One Selling Handgun in the World. I have owned over a dozen Glock's and never had a problem with one, other than how boring they are, when it comes to reliably and zero malfunctions

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

I've seen more 1911s fail, for one reason or another, than Glocks.

FWIW.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The "kaboom" is attributed to the .40 S&W Glock moreso than the 9mm. TO be honest, I have never even heard of a 9mm going full order, but have witnessed more than one .40 do so.

E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Yes, yes. Funny, Remington's 700 is the worlds most popular big game rifle. Are you going to tell me it has never had problems ?
Had an interesting discussion lately with a fellow hunter. He wanted to selct a personal defense handgun. After talking to lots of very knowledgable people, he concluded that the best choice for him was a SIG 220. Seems that there is no controversy surronding the better SIG pistols.
We all know the Glocks can't say that. E

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

http://www.thegunzone.com/glock/glock-kb-faq.html#cause

AT THE S&W IDPA WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP THIS PAST SATURDAY (28 FEBRUARY) I PERSONALLY SAW A GLOCK 34 WITH ITS BARREL SPLIT TOP FROM BOTTOM ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BREACH. THE KB! OCCURRED IN FRONT OF MANY WITNESSES. THE SHOOTER WAS USING FACTORY PMC PRACTICE AMMO.

ANYWAY THAT'S THE FIRST 9X19MM GLOCK KB! I'VE EVER SEEN WITH FACTORY AMMO NO LESS

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
T
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by jwp475

AT THE S&W IDPA WINTER CHAMPIONSHIP THIS PAST SATURDAY (28 FEBRUARY) I PERSONALLY SAW A GLOCK 34 WITH ITS BARREL SPLIT TOP FROM BOTTOM ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE BREACH. THE KB! OCCURRED IN FRONT OF MANY WITNESSES. THE SHOOTER WAS USING FACTORY PMC PRACTICE AMMO.

ANYWAY THAT'S THE FIRST 9X19MM GLOCK KB! I'VE EVER SEEN WITH FACTORY AMMO NO LESS

The "Kaboom" you cite was caused by "PMC practice ammo", more [bleep] reloads, loaded by dumbazzes, just as I stated.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

The "Kaboom" you cite was caused by "PMC practice ammo", more [bleep] reloads, loaded by dumbazzes, just as I stated.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

You are excellent with the personal attacks BRAVO You are a real brainiac

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
It is all relative. I would guess that there is going to be issues with some glocks, there are a lot of them out there. More chances.

I have seen broken down Smiths, M&Ps and other Smith autos. 40 glocks I would bet get a lot of reloaded ammo through them, agency's trying to safe money.

I had a 10mm once, that had a

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Sorry about that.

It had a 200 XTP bullet lodged in the barrel, from a primer. I don't know why I didn't catch it. But I racked the slide and fired it. A little more recoil and 2 bullet holes in the target. Yes I counted my blessings.

I was testing loads in cold weather. The first shot went click, I most have thought it was a dud, and ejected it.

So I think and know Glocks are tuff.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tjm10025

I've seen more 1911s fail, for one reason or another, than Glocks.

FWIW.

Considering 100 years of production, how many 1911s do you think are in circulations?

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Since you quoted my post, I guess you noticed my use of the phrase "I've seen."

I haven't seen every 1911 manufactured in the past 100 years.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Since you quoted my post, I guess you noticed my use of the phrase "I've seen."

I haven't seen every 1911 manufactured in the past 100 years.

Just food for thought, no need to get defensive.

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

The Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers:
https://youtu.be/zKJbjjPaNUE

Bovine Bullet Test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtZky8T7-k&t=35s

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Didn't mean to come across that way. We're all a little on edge today.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Eremicus
Yes, yes. Funny, Remington's 700 is the worlds most popular big game rifle. Are you going to tell me it has never had problems ?
Had an interesting discussion lately with a fellow hunter. He wanted to selct a personal defense handgun. After talking to lots of very knowledgable people, he concluded that the best choice for him was a SIG 220. Seems that there is no controversy surronding the better SIG pistols.
We all know the Glocks can't say that. E

There is a lot of controversy surround Sig pistols. New ones are great, if you like bassackward manual of arms. Newer ones suck. I would take a Glock I KNEW was going to blow up before a new Sig. At least the Glock would be reliable until it blew.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I'll take my chances with my Glock 19, great pistol.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
If the Glock was that easy to blow up it wouldn't have become the Number One Selling Handgun in the World.
The factor that has made Glock a commercial success is its cost. Glock has unloaded, sorry, sold its pistols for as little as one dollar over cost to secure both government and law enforcement contracts.

This is not to say that the Glock isn't suitable for its intended purpose, but rather to point out that it is price which is the deciding factor in public sector and military sales. Two pistols of equal merit vying for the same contract will inevitably see the decision made on a cost per unit basis.

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid. --John Wayne
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 58 invisible), 2,971 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,810
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.