Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
ROMAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Who out there can tell me about these? I'd love to know some basic information. I put this up in the Savage section but no one had any feedback in over a day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Somehow, the sound of a shotgun tends to cheer one up" -- Robert Ruark
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Rick99 knows alot about Savage 22s.

Jeff

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Go to Google and type in Savage model 19NRA and you will find some info on them.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Those are really good rifles and are very accurate. A local dealer has one up for sale with a period scope mounted to it. He wants $600 for it.

Stupidity is contagious!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
VERY hard to find a mag for,......but do-able.

Unique in the one piece barrel / action, and this in and of itself makes it a very accurate rifle, very rigid and stable.......also something of a beotch to clean properly.

Trigger Sear surfaces go south, every 25-30 years ( of constant shooting) or so,.....and ones repaired once again turn up, right about now.

If the bore's blown out,....it's well worth relining,.....we will not again see their like.

Not a good rifle,.....a GREAT one.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

IC B2

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Unique in the one piece barrel / action, and this in and of itself makes it a very accurate rifle, very rigid and stable........
Not a good rifle,.....a GREAT one.GTC

I could not agree more. Many inexpensive Winchester and Remington 22's were constructed in the same fashion. They, too, are very accurate rifles, more so than they were probably intended to be.

Stupidity is contagious!!
ROMAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for your input. The guy I bought it from is trying to find the magazine, it is lost somewhere in his basement. I also need to replace the windage screw on the site, if anyone has a source for something like this I'd like to here from you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those mags can be TOUGH to find,...I'll ask our local crew if there's some good sources hitherto untapped.

In a pinch, you can fit a hardwood "Loading Block / Magazine tray" and run it as a good single shot, while the search goes foward.

ROMAC if push comes to shove,.....I can make you up a replica Windage Knob,....and fit it to your sight assy.

You might hunt for years and not find one

There are several in the clutches of the local Buffalo League loonies that I can use as "Chinese Blueprints" , and I never pass up on the opportunity to buy another set of knurls ( I do think I've got knurls to cover that pitch pictured, though ).

Best Regards, and enjoy that new / old rifle ,

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

ROMAC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Crossfireoops, I have the screw, its' just that the head broke off and therefore the windage is loose. It just slides back and forth. I do not think it is repairable but at least for matching the threads I have it. The elevation screw has a different type head. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited by ROMAC; 04/05/09.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A friend's got one(Been in the family since new),.....I don't.

I'll chase the thing down and get a scan of what that windage screw's about, and is supposed to look like.

Repairing that sorta' sight's not rocket science,....just small parts.

GTC

IC B3

FWP Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a complete rear sight that came off a 19NRA but I just checked and it is different from yours.

Have you checked GunParts.com to see if they have any rear sight parts? I know they do not have any mags right now.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (160user, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.