Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Most of the time, because of four-legged varmints, I am pretty close to a firearm if I need one, but there are times when I am vulnerable. We have no neighbors for over a mile, and often they aren't around, and no neighbors in sight. So I got to wondering if there was a way to carry my Smith and Wesson Model 317 .22LR AirLite comfortably inside my 17" cowboy boots. I posted this question on a forum that deals specifically with concealed carry and only got one helpful response. But, just in case someone here wants to know this is what I've discovered. The little pistol pocket pouches designed for the inside of gun safe doors have two straps that fit perfectly through boot pull holes. They ride inside but up high and are not that difficult to get to if you wear boot cut jeans. Regular cut jeans make it tough. And again, you need pull holes not pull straps. Now that I've seemed to have solved this for myself someone else probably has a more simple solution. And, for me, this is not meant to be an every day thing, but its good to know it can be done. On the other forum I had to wade through a lot of "why don't you do this, and why don't you do that?" responses from well-meaning folks who don't understand ranch work. So, yes, I can carry one on my belt, in my pocket, or on the saddle if and when I want to, but the hightop boot carry was just an itch I wanted to see if I could scratch.

Last edited by mtrancher; 02/25/12.
GB1

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'll see if I can help you find what you need.
.....SmokeRolls

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2nd Chronicles 7:14
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I like these and have used them inside tall cowboy boots and the are pretty good about fitting different weapons since they are soft suede and VERY comfortable.
They have a very strong clip spring which should work well on your boots. My boots are broke in Tony Lammas but I have also used them on other boots.
Hope this helps
.....SmokeRolls
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=6D

Last edited by SmokeRolls; 02/25/12.

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2nd Chronicles 7:14
M
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Dang, good help just like that. Thanks SmokeRolls. My father was born in south central Kentucky. I've been going through a Netflix marathon lately catching up on all of this season's "Justified." Anyway, I'll look into one of these Bianchi's. A good clip would be easier than fastening the safe pouches. Speaking of Kentucky again, the last time I made a trip anywhere was 2 1/2 years ago. I spoke at a conference in Middlesboro. I wanted to see more of the state but didn't have time.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by mtrancher
Dang, good help just like that. Thanks SmokeRolls. My father was born in south central Kentucky. I've been going through a Netflix marathon lately catching up on all of this season's "Justified." Anyway, I'll look into one of these Bianchi's. A good clip would be easier than fastening the safe pouches. Speaking of Kentucky again, the last time I made a trip anywhere was 2 1/2 years ago. I spoke at a conference in Middlesboro. I wanted to see more of the state but didn't have time.

No problem, glad I could help.
Ever back in Ky, LMK and I'll take you around, take you to our rifle range and let you fire some weapons. I have a new friend here that moved here from Montana and I'll let you guys chat.
.........Patrick

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Angelina Jolie knows how to wear a proper leg holster. Might not work with tight jeans, though.

[Linked Image]

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1eyedmule, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 22250rem, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,219 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.