Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I bought this three point hitch for my rhino. It's a very substantial piece if kit. It will easily outlast any ATV or side by side made. It's massive heavy tractor style farm equipment.

The lift and lower is slower then I would like, but it is very precise so maybe that's better. This equipment really turns the utv into a tractor. Gonna have amazing food plots now!!

The down force is so strong it will lift the back of the rhino completely off the ground tires and all.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The down pressure is all important and is the biggest cause of failure of most ATV implements without it. Many small farm tractors these days don't have it either.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My drive way with this Box scraper looks like it's paved now.

This thing is so wonderfully adjustable and solid that it's like a zamboni for gravel.

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Now they need to come up with a front loader.

― George Orwell

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
An update on this after a few weeks of use.

The rear axle needs as much stiffness as possible to get the best precision and down pressure. I added air to the rear tires going from 8psi to 15psi. Amazing improvement. Then I turned up the shocks to maximum. This is not so good off road, but critical for the Kolpin system. My bed sinks down only 1.5 inches when I sit on the tail gate now ( 175 lbs) I did not measure this before but it's a huge difference.

So now with the stiffer suspension this dirt works system is very much like a tractor. It will plow up dirt, grade, and move dirt, rake and cultivate. It created some great food plot preparation all I need to do now is seed them.

I don't have the disk implement. Not sure it would be an improvement to what I can do now. I may look for a used one to try out.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not familiar with the Rhino. Is there a way to temporarily block the rear axle to eliminate the spring action? That would give you a solid rear end like a tractor.

― George Orwell

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kolpin makes a suspension lockout. I don't have this part, I would have bought it if the suspension changes and tire pressure did not help.

There is an aftermarket set of rear shocks that are knob adjustable which might be in my future. The stock shocks would be perfect if I could select between off road use and farm use with a knob or switch.

To adjust them now you have to remove the tires and use a spanner. It will be a seasonal adjustment, or maybe the aftermarket shocks?

JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ya know, if you were really serious about getting the most from this and really doing some work for say a few weeks or a month.

I think replacing your shocks with a properly sized square steel tube that fit in place of your shocks would be perfect.

Or with a spring compressor fitting a 1" spacer above the spring while plowing

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
For another implement Tractor Supply sells a small disc tool that works great. They don't stock many and they sell out fast. A 300cc Honda pulled it easily but don't expect a tight turning radius with full time 4wd.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,211
Posts18,466,244
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.