So I was looking at my new CVA Elkhorn and thought the stock seemed REALLY tight. So even tho I don't think it will pass the dollar bill test I tried anyway. The results were worse then I thought. I couldn't get it even to start at the top of the forearm. So I'm not talking just a little, I mean absolutely NO room between the barrel and the stock. It's just the black synthetic stock. It's like it was heated and set in it to cool....lol

Now I don't really want to get a blank laminate for such a cost efficient gun, but I think it should hindering on performance. Now even if I shave out some of the forearm to make a little room and float the barrel I'm sure that will help, at least some. Don't know cause I haven't even shot the thing yet, awaiting a breech plug.

So I thought I might scrape it out and figured while I have it out and I need to bed a different gun I thought I might do some practice......LOL

But I don't know if it will attach really good to plastic like laminate/wood, or would I just waste good bedding?

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.