Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
what does the election mean for alaska,oil?shipping and consumer goods prices?job creation?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
High gas prices are already causing everything to go up in price, I don't see Obama geting re-elected changing that for the better. He will continue to keep ANWR off limits and keep heavy restrictions on drilling. Without oil production, I don't see how we'll be able to create more jobs in Alaska either.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think Obamma will mean much for Alaska, well other than higher fed income taxes, higher medical premiums et al.

What will have an effect is what the state legislature does in terms of Aces. If taxes are lowered, the oil companies will invest and increase production, which will make for an increase in jobs. If Aces is left alone, production will continue to drop and investment in new production will be scarce.

O
OSB Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by savageak
what does the election mean for alaska,oil?shipping and consumer goods prices?job creation?

More people on public assistance.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
keep taxes high, and oil prices high. nothing better than a liberal walking to work at 40 below. grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
High gas prices are already causing everything to go up in price, I don't see Obama geting re-elected changing that for the better. He will continue to keep ANWR off limits and keep heavy restrictions on drilling. Without oil production, I don't see how we'll be able to create more jobs in Alaska either.

How much can the prices go up? I had a couple of beers and a hamburger in Dillingham and it cost me $30. I think the last time I paid that much for a burger someone was taking their clothes off ... smile

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Ghost And The Darkness

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
That's like asking: "What's the worst thing that could happen?"

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Maybe he will just forget about us. We are the only state out of the "58" states that he hasn't visited. All I know is that when I drive by the FAI BLM office I see almost 100 government vehicles with plates. Someday there will be a heck of a government auction for that stuff.

The NPS rangers are getting to be more and more limpwristed. They don't even do patrols anymore.

As long as he doesn't seek to close our bases we will be doing fine.

Sincerely,
Thomas

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
i enjoy the high gas an food price's...its the new normal...thank "o" voters.......can't beat'em-....join'm ....#^%$^%^&(^&&**((#$#^&&&*_&$##

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by colorado

How much can the prices go up? I had a couple of beers and a hamburger in Dillingham and it cost me $30. I think the last time I paid that much for a burger someone was taking their clothes off ... smile

Dillingham is sort of off the grid so high food prices are too be expected. I can get a gourmet burger at the Alehouse in Eagle River for around $11 and that's with fries, add another $7 and you can get an ice cold local brew.

Steelhead

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by atvalaska
i enjoy the high gas an food price's...its the new normal...thank "o" voters.......can't beat'em-....join'm ....#^%$^%^&(^&&**((#$#^&&&*_&$##

Kinda like the new new norm for unemployment #'s, 8% is the new average. lol

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What concerns me more is that Anchorage seems to be turning into a refugee camp for those from the 3rd world. I wouldn't be the least bit suprsised in the next 10-12 years to see a shift in how the state votes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
First californians and then mesicans.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
What concerns me more is that Anchorage seems to be turning into a refugee camp for those from the 3rd world. I wouldn't be the least bit suprsised in the next 10-12 years to see a shift in how the state votes.

My thoughts exactly Lott!!!!!!

I tend to use more than enough gun
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

If Anchorage was really Alaska I'd not be the least concerned with it f.ucking itself. I've seen ghettos and sh.it stained holes in the earth but my last trip up there (2 months ago) made me happy that we still ain't that bad down here.

As much as my heart is in Alaska, I'd sooner live in Texas than Anchorage.....just kidding....[bleep] texas. But Anchorage has become a hemorhage out of the [bleep] of a great state.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by colorado

Well there ya go... next time skip the burger. smile

And maybe only one someone taking HER clothes off. (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here.... smile )

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by waterrat

My thoughts exactly Lott!!!!!!

Rosetta Stone makes Mex-speak. Maybe they'll add Welfare, Entitlement, and Ghetto-jive.

90% of Black babies being born are to unwed mothers- 90% of the Black vote went to The One. The majority of the women's vote went to O - but they vote mostly on emotion, I think. (My wife voted for him because she hates R- but she couldn't articulate a reason why - most unusual for her. Good thing I voted twice... smile ...Joking!)

Many were convinced (by someone, from somewhere) that R would start another war. Where that one came from I have no idea.

I gotta buy me some stock in Ruger and/or S&W - The One is the best marketing tool-fool the gun industry has.

Wall Street took a dive today - MSNBC is blaming it on Greece! Har , har.

Long live King Bam-Bam. Biden as Pres. simply boggles the mind. He reminds me strongly of Ted Baxter on the Mary Tyler Moore show.

Last edited by las; 11/07/12.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am not a Republican, nor a Democrat, just conservative. But regardless how we feel about it, Romney could not win because there aren't enough white Republican voters to put him ahead of Obama on voter count. While Romney is quite a great guy and good with business-something that's really needed for the US economy-he is not Reagan. Reagan got hispanics, blacks, Democrats, and independent voters to the Republican ballot. In order for the Republican Party to succeed, it has to change.

Maybe I am wrong, but Romney did not come across from the beginning as being conservative enough. Ryan was an excellent pick, but he was kept away from the spotlight. Even his economic plans were stripped down. For example, watch a video on "youtube" where Ryan takes Obamacare apart section by section. That would give you an idea of how good he is.

Last edited by Ray; 11/08/12.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Ray
Maybe I am wrong, but Romney did not come across from the beginning as being conservative enough.

I'm not sure we need a devisive "true conservative". In fiscal terms, yes, but that won't come as long as the majority depends on handouts (and you and I have money left to be taxed to give to them). The best moderates who can bring others off their sides of the fences will be the best choice.

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

If Anchorage was really Alaska I'd not be the least concerned with it f.ucking itself. I've seen ghettos and sh.it stained holes in the earth but my last trip up there (2 months ago) made me happy that we still ain't that bad down here.

As much as my heart is in Alaska, I'd sooner live in Texas than Anchorage.....just kidding....[bleep] texas. But Anchorage has become a hemorhage out of the [bleep] of a great state.

The problem is Anchorage is the population hub of the state, nearly half the state lives in the municipality of Anchorage, so how it votes matters for the whole state. Asside from the fact I work in Anchortown I don't really care if it turns into a big city in the worst sense of the word, but for how that will affect the states politics.

According to the ASD, there are 91 languages spoken in the school district, 92 if you include English

[Linked Image]

The number of Hmong, Pacific Islanders, Muslims et al that are moving in is astounding. There are now multiple Halal markets for our muslim population.

I have met some Nigerians that were well educated and hard working, and there are other immigrants that the same can be said for. But by and large I'm left with the feeling that most are interested in a handout, not a hand up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

712 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 71 invisible), 3,042 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,583
Posts18,454,227
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.