Print Thread
Hop To
X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Just wondering if anyone here in the 'Alaska' sub-forum personally knows 'AKbushrat' ??

GB1

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
No one that would admit to it. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by las
No one that would admit to it. smile

Thanks for your reply.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Are you he?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by ironbender
Are you he?

Nope, I am not he. I live in Aridzona.....been here since '81.

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Right.

Why do you ask then?

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Oh crap, a hit thread....... eek eek

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Right.

Why do you ask then?

I have had internet communication with him, have read his posts here and am trying to figure out if he was known personally by anyone that lives up in Alaska. I've heard some interesting aspects of his "Alaska reality" and figured that if anyone might personally know him it would be someone that frequents this 'Alaska' sub-forum.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I can tell you he is/was an embarassment to anyone that has ever posted anything in this forum.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
I can tell you he is/was an embarassment to anyone that has ever posted anything in this forum.

Sorry to hear that........had hoped that maybe someone here knew him in person and had a different perspective than that.

In your response to his "intro" thread( this one http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5401020/1 ) you had called him 'Mark'. Maybe I misunderstood that post and you were referencing someone else.....however that's not the personal name I have for 'AKbushrat'.

Welcome Mark. I'm thinking you'll fit in.

Your response post was on page 5 of that thread;7th post down - #5401168 .

Just trying to figure things out.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Clearly that was my error. He is not the individual I had in mind from another forum.

The 'rat has proved himself time and again to be a useless, despicable, insulting, worthless POS.

Other than that I like her.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Clearly that was my error. He is not the individual I had in mind from another forum.

The 'rat has proved himself time and again to be a useless, despicable, insulting, worthless POS.

Errors happen.

I see that he is "on-line" now and probably reading this. Sooo maybe I'm not understanding some of the things I've heard very recently from him. If you('AKbushrat') are reading this it would be nice to have an explanation of what's going on.

That is all..........thank-you.

Last edited by XPLRN; 11/05/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mark from the AOD? I thought that it might be him but it didn't take long to figure out that it wasn't.

Mark's a class act for sure and would never act like the assclown with the same username on this site.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mark goes by "Bushrat." Akbushrat is a different feller. A simple search of the OOD will show that and (suprisingly enough) other information for a "Akbushrat."

Of course, there is no guarantee that they are one and the same people on both forums...
Akbushrat holds the priviledge of being the first person I ever put on "ignore." Even the "Cheechako" Walt went longer: almost a year longer IIRC wink

I think most Alaskans frequenting the Campfire believe (or want to anyway) that "Akbushrat" is from some other place than here. Possibly even from Aridzona...

If you are sincere I suspect a simple PM to him would have got you the information you required.

This smells rather like "trollish" behavior, thinks I...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by bearhuntr

I think most Alaskans frequenting the Campfire believe (or want to anyway) that "Akbushrat" is from some other place than here. Possibly even from Aridzona...

If you are sincere I suspect a simple PM to him would have got you the information you required.

This smells rather like "trollish" behavior, thinks I...

I am sincere, I do live outside of Phoenix and have communicated with Daniel/'AKbushrat' via PM . One of the regular members here is 'RoninPhx'.........I could contact him and "validate" my residency here in Aridzona(I call it that due to our summer temps) with him IF that would help relieve your thoughts of "trollish" behavior.

I realize it's the "internetz" and that there is a possibility I might be getting "played".......however until it's proven different I'll continue to presume that all Daniel's told me is his factual AK reality. According to Daniel there has been a recent change in his health situation. That led me to inquire if anyone here knew him personally. Since there seems to not be anyone it will be a shelved inquiry on my part.

That is all, thanks!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Perhaps he got his fluids mixed up..... drink the stuff that's $325.00/quart, burn the stuff that's $2.35/quart. smile

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
X
XPLRN Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Perhaps he got his fluids mixed up..... drink the stuff that's $325.00/quart, burn the stuff that's $2.35/quart. smile

smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 73 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,678
Posts18,456,284
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.