Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I went into Sportsman's Warehouse the other day to pick up a couple more elk calls and happened by the reloading aisle (amazing how it has the gravity-like pull) and there were actually quite a few component bullets on the shelf! Most were new package Speer (I think) but there were a smattering of others. The previous trip showed the shelves were 99.9% bare! Maybe they are crawling back into the game.

Has anyone else noticed this?

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yep. Bout half full now maybe a little more. Still lacking primers though. Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Stopped by this past week and no primers.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seen about the same thing in my area. Pretty good selection of bullets and powder, but the primers are still pretty scarce.

`Bring Enough Gun`
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Same thing here at the Wholesale Sports, which used to be the SW and is now one of the stores owned by the Canadian company: lots of bullets, quite a bit of powder, and no primers.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I haven't been to the one in Riverdale Utah for a month or so. But the last time, they had a smattering of bullets, a fairly good selection of powder and even some primers - which they were limiting to 2,000 in any mix per person per day. Price $30/1000.

They even had some brass, but at today's "GULP!" prices. $25/100 for HORNET!

I picked up 2,000 primers (naturally, NOT the ones I really needed, darn this old-age mind!). I'll be going past there tomorrow, and may stop in just to file another report here.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
rocky, can you lemme know if they have any .338 225 TSX ?

I'd just call and ask, but usually they give an incorrect answer, I assume to try to get one into the store.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The past week I bought 1k SR & 1k LP win primers local. The prices were $34.99 & $32.50. The one place had a 1k limit & the other didn't have to many. The limit is O.K. with me, as long as the price is reasonable. Another shop is parting out their primers, 100 for a little over $5.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I went into Sportsman's Warehouse the other day to pick up a couple more elk calls and happened by the reloading aisle (amazing how it has the gravity-like pull) and there were actually quite a few component bullets on the shelf! Most were new package Speer (I think) but there were a smattering of others. The previous trip showed the shelves were 99.9% bare! Maybe they are crawling back into the game.

Has anyone else noticed this?

did the same, at the North Phoenix store. I had been to Cabelas the day before. Not positive, but it seemed Cabelas had more stock, and a little bit lower prices ( a buck or 2)

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
At least you guys have a sportsmans, both the stores near me closed last year.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The SW store here in Meridian, Id. has quite a bit of factory, ammo, bullets, powder but, no primers. They get .22 l.r. ammo in pretty often but, it sells out pretty quick. I was in Cabella's in Boise, they didn't have near as much as SW, hardly any powder.

D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
I am good for primers, so I didn't even walk that far down the aisle. I could use some Varget and 4350 though...

NRA Benefactor Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It looks like the hoarders are getting hoarded up - when primers do hit the shelves they stay for a while, sometimes several days where before they'd all be gone within minutes of being out on the shelf.

The SW in Meridian had about 10 bricks of Remington 9 1/2's and a bunch of CCI small pistol magnum primers in the middle of the day on a weekend with it's usual fairly heavy customer traffic. Cabelas, which is always busy, had as of last evening twenty or thirty bricks of CCI-400 small rifle primers and those had been there for a couple of days at least.

As noted SW has a fair supply of powder but the prices look to be permanently about $7 or $8 more per pound than they were before Obama came to power. Hodgdon rifle powder is $24.95/lb. The good news is they are getting a pretty good supply of Ramshot powders now and those are around $4-$5 per pound less than the Hodgdon or IMR series.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
a little over a month ago I was at acouple of good sized gun shops in Omaha and also Sioux Falls.......no Fed 215 primers anywhere and actually few primers of any sort .

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Wholesale Sports near me was pretty picked over for ammo on Saturday. The only ammo they really had much of was oddball stuff.

The only 30-06 ammo that had were 5 boxes of Remington Core-lokts that look like they been run over by a car. The boxes were all smashed to hell. I see why nobody wanted them.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, the one in Riverdale Utah has gotten MUCH better in the last few months. I go there a couple of times a month and it used to be anything firearm related was out of stock. Virtually no cleaning solvents, oils, or patches. No brass, powder, primers, and an incredibly thin selection of bullets.

Now, the isle with cleaning supplies is stocked to the brim, brass can be found in most calibers, bullets are about 50% populated on the shelves and they occasionally have primers. Right now, they have a few thousand small pistol magnum primers (Winchester). Powder -was- stocked up quite a bit but the powder stock has dwindled a lot lately. Probably about 20 to 30% of powders available (but none of the ones *I* want of course!).

The smaller mom & pop stores in the area have an even better selection on powder and primers but their prices have been raised to reflect that unfortunately.

“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I walked in the Twin Falls store the other day and walked out with one of the new Win. M-95s in a SRC mode in 30-06..shot pretty good, stock was way too short and the second day the push safety the liberals and lawyers forced on them fell out of the gun, it is a cast POS..Win wanted 90 days to replace the safety, wouldn't just send me one so I was going to off it to Dennis Olson for repair, but got to looking at it and took a cold chisel and a hacksaw to the innards and took out the grip safty stuff and fill the slot with black glass as opposed to tigging and reblue the action, recut the safty knotch a tad deeper so the half cock is working real well now..and as long as it was apart I whittled out a shotgun butt stock from a simi inlet I had laying around the shop for a year or two..Now I am back in business, it feels better, points better, takes up the recoil with the new pad, and it shoots better also as the glass bedding of the new stock must have helped..looks better as the wood is prettier and matches well (got lucky)..and now its ready to go hunt with...Loaded up with 220 Woodleighs for deer and 220 Noslers for elk..cut the iron sights from the U notch to a shallow V..

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If the Wholesale Sports stores in the States are run anything like the stores the parent company runs in Canada,be prepared for shortages and backorders.With rare exceptions customer service sucks as well.I shop there as little as possible. Monashee

Support the BC Wildlife Federation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I try to shop there as little as possible, too.

Unfortunately, "as little as possible" seems to work out to be about once or twice a week... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
D
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
stopped by tonight to get some pellets. They had about 10 powders on the shelf, zero primers.

NRA Benefactor Member

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,640 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.