Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Anyone know of a good knife sharpener for kitchen knife use? Probably looking for something electric unless a simple manual one will do it.

I have a Lansky for my hunting stuff, but it takes way too much time for the stuff I use every day.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i use the edgemaker,have them in the kitchen,shop,boat,backpack.

the work great on surrated knives to.

http://www.edgemaker.com/

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I recommend getting a diamond steel and learning how to use it. Once you learn that the other methods seam pretty useless. Done properly it is faster and you get a better edge than you do with any of the other sharpening systems. If you touch up the edge every other time you use a knife it just takes a couple of strokes and you have a very happy spouse too.

Steak, It's my favorite vegetable!
T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Agree with using a good steel on a very regular basis. I'd recommend the Lansky, but since you already own one, my best recomendation would be to take some time to sharpen all your kitchen knives to your satisfaction with the Lansky and learn to use a steel. A sharp edge lasts a long time with that routine.

kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A diamond steel is just a better version of the round steel with a handle, like comes with your typical kitchen knife set?

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Yep , I got a Henckel steel that works very well.

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

kciH Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'll have to take a look at them, the one that came with the knives doesn't seem to do much any more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A steel does not "sharpen" an edge. That is to say it removes no metal all it does is straighten the microccopic teeth on it.

Quando Omni Moritati
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For kitchen knives I use Accusharp from

Fortune Products, Inc.
HC04, Box 303
Marble Falls, TX 78654

This is a cheap sharpener that quickly puts a good working edge on kitchen knives.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
EdgePro Apex. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. smile

Sam......

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
[Linked Image]

followed by

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use a Japenese water stone, and tutch up with a steel between sharpenings.

Works great for me and keeps the Wife happy.

Virgil B.

L
LFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I use a good Sharpening Steel. I use a set of J A Henckle knives and use a J A Henckle steel. I have used for about 15 years or more. I just keep knives sharp always. I just feel careful not to sharpen certain knives not to sharp. 8" Chef and 6" utility I keep razor sharp. Use the Chef knife as a food processor. Can get any knife razor sharp but the most important thing with any knife just keeping it sharp. A Butcher will carry on his belt a steel always to sharpen as needed, all day long

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use the Lansky to get sharp and ceramic sticks before every use to keep the nicro edges alligned. In a pinch I touch up on the back unfinished ring of a plate.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

620 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1973cb450, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 64 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,051
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.