Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
lets see your favorite ingrams . just recently got my first one, a #7 and was wondering what everybody else likes especially for taking an elk apart

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't do elk and I don't do pics. I have two Ingrams in a combo pouch. The first is a 2007 #2 Drop Point in S30V with Desert Ironwood. The second is a 2010 Lite Hunter in D2 with Antique Linen Micarta. Both are pinned with Mosaics. Single pouches for both. I hope to get the Lite Hunter bloody this season.

When you order your next, and you will order another, check with Gene about a combo pouch for your #7 and your new knife. I don't take care of my deer anymore, but I furnish knives to the young bucks that do. Life is good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats like picking my favorite rifle.

I've got a #1 Drop point, a semi-skinner, and a Bird and Trout, all in desert ironwood, mosaic pins, filework on the spine. I am really liking the B&T. For elk-sized game a little bigger than my #1 is probably in order, I think its a #6 my brother-in-law has that is another inch or so longer.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My fav is the next one.
IF I had to pick one ,lite hunter.

Decades of voting for the lesser of two evils has gotten us just that.....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's the pics-

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah, my favorite is going to be the ones that fill my order this coming august!!

Right now, my favorite (that I own) is a dropped combo in S30v, with green micarta scales that have been jigged and beaded.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by lovemy99; 10/30/10.

Andrew
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I currently own 3 Ingrams. These two #4s with a custom 3" blade length.
[Linked Image]

I use this #7 most often. It is larger than the #4 and works better for me.
[Linked Image]

The two below were my first Ingram purchase. I really liked the way Gene provided a matched set. These two were gifted to a good friend and his wife.
[Linked Image]

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by lovemy99
yeah, my favorite is going to be the ones that fill my order this coming august!!

Right now, my favorite (that I own) is a dropped combo in S30v, with green micarta scales that have been jigged and beaded.

[Linked Image]

I love the look and feel of the jigged micarta scales.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I realize jigged micarta is highly functional but I'm more drawn to jigged bone. Of late I'be been hunting with stainless rifles with fiberglass stocks and long for a more traditional knife - but then the knife currently in my hunting pack has a G10 handle cut to fit on a CNC mill. I'm fairly certain MRK is going to change my thinking on that knife choice shortly.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
And this one for general use

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
WGM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not an Ingram, but would be hard pressed to say that it's not every bit as much quality/craftsmanship as Gene's stuff ... Made by Wildswalker, and based off a couple of Ingram designs melded together ... General purpose hunting knife. Just under 7" total length, and damn near perfect if you ask me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WGM; 10/30/10.

-WGM-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A #2 with jigged cow bone

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Ol` Joe; 10/31/10.

I must confess, I was born at a very early age. --Groucho Marx

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when they deserve it. --Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These are up there................

[Linked Image]

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Stick, is that the light hunter combo? Thanks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's a deviation of same and anymore,the options are vast...........

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
yeah, Gene is pretty willing to make you a combo in about anything... I have an order coming up soon and currently plan to replace the hunter with a chuckar with a 1/4" longer than standard blade.... I told him, " I really like the chuckar but wanted something with a little longer blade like the bird and trout"... he said, "okay, no big deal, I can make the blade as long as you want within reason" and basically said the hold back is the joint sheath.

I then asked him about the possibility of adding a fire starter and he hummed and hawed for a while and said he had an idea and would think about it some more and get back to me... he actually seemed to get a kick out of "the challenge." Nice guy to talk to and work with.

Andrew
V
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
V
yeah, Gene is pretty willing to make you a combo in about anything... I have an order coming up soon and currently plan to replace the hunter with a chuckar with a 1/4" longer than standard blade.... I told him, " I really like the chuckar but wanted something with a little longer blade like the bird and trout"... he said, "okay, no big deal, I can make the blade as long as you want within reason" and basically said the hold back is the joint sheath.

I then asked him about the possibility of adding a fire starter and he hummed and hawed for a while and said he had an idea and would think about it some more and get back to me... he actually seemed to get a kick out of "the challenge." Nice guy to talk to and work with.

Yep, and the Winstons as well as Erwin Roach (e3ck) are very similar in those regards.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ol` Joe
A #2 with jigged cow bone

[Linked Image]
That reminds me a lot of my Bark River Highland Special.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I kept him purty busy,fine tuning various patterns.

He's the best...............

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.