Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
I was rewatching Truth 17 and caught something that I hadn't noticed before. In a hunt where Brad Ferris' daughter, Morgan, was the shooter, it appears that she never opened the rear Butler Creek lens cap on her scope. The front lens cap is open, but the rear lens cap was closed before and after the shot. Am I seeing this correctly?

Jeff

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Reenactment. They do it all the time when they only have one cameraman.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In most, if not all, posed shots errors happen.

I love it when guys are sneaking up on a hill top to get a shot on some weary game and the camera man is already up there filming their ascent to the top. Makes you think, "Well, why are y'all sneaking if your camera guy is set up with a tripod already up there...???" LOL...

There are a lot more shots after the kill than before the kill in making a hunting video.

Enjoying Each Sunrise...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff-

I think it was here that I read someone pointing out the same thing about an episode with Jim Shockey. grin

I get a kick out of the shots where someone is getting ready to pull the trigger and they cut to the camera IN FRONT of the shooter. Nice pans of the weapon, the person's face etc.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I dont doubt it a bit... Ol Buck Mcnealy always "cycles" his bolt after the shot but there is no handle in his hand and no brass ejects!! Is so embarassing watching the show!! I watch 5 min, cuss, turn the channel, turn back, just to see what else the fuggin idiot does or says that just idiotic..

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Buck McStupid is so bad that you wonder if he is actually sponsered by PETA. Did he ever get convicted for shooting a caribou illegally in AK about 5 years ago?

Jeff

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I love it when guys are sneaking up on a hill top to get a shot on some weary game and the camera man is already up there filming their ascent to the top. Makes you think, "Well, why are y'all sneaking if your camera guy is set up with a tripod already up there...???" LOL...

The worst of course is the reinacted blood trailing where the camera man is set up beside the dead deer filming the hunters as they walk the blood trail looking for sign. Sign that of course leads them eventually to where the camera man is already standing over the deer. LOL! Gosh, you would think he would have yelled out to them, "hey, you can stop looking for blood over there I've been standing over the deer for 5 minutes here." LOL! I don't know why they feel compelled to reinact stuff like that when it's so obviously fake.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Or how about when they get up to the deer and there isn't any blood around the mouth and it's tongue isn't hanging out?lol. They must only shoot deer with good manners for TV.....

Brett (Mac)

Brett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
best of the west is good for the shooter getting all set for the shot and working the bolt and no shell pops up and chambers. then the shot is taken ...... ??

i hate the reenacting crap.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I was rewatching Truth 17 and caught something that I hadn't noticed before. In a hunt where Brad Ferris' daughter, Morgan, was the shooter, it appears that she never opened the rear Butler Creek lens cap on her scope. The front lens cap is open, but the rear lens cap was closed before and after the shot. Am I seeing this correctly?

Jeff

I remember thinking the same thing when I saw that episode. I also recall a re-enactment with Waddell. He had his gun out the window, not shouldered and fired it into the air at an angle clearly not focused on a downrange target. He was even looking at the camera before he triggered the gun.

On the other hand, I saw an episode where Larry Weishun missed an admirable So. Tex Monarch 5-7 times in the course of about 20 minutes with his Encore handgun as the buck would leave and then return. At camp he discovered his rear scope base screws were loose.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Or how about when they get up to the deer and there isn't any blood around the mouth and it's tongue isn't hanging out?lol. They must only shoot deer with good manners for TV.....

Well, it's just common courtesy to die cleanly when you're being filmed. Sheesh, even the deer know that. LOL!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
You guys are watching way to much TV.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
its bad when you notice this stuff, i never even got around to noticing it as i couldnt stand them going to commercial right before the shot...

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This was several years ago but I was watching a show, Realtree outdoors, I think, where Chipper Jones of the Atlanta Braves was on a white-tail hunt. They were showing the behind the scenes stuff and doing the shot re-enactment. The first shot, the scope hit his hat and it flew off. The second shot, something else goofy happened. Since he had actually shot the deer with the first shot and had a couple, re-enacted shots, they told him to do it again..... he was out of ammo.

Tha's what the Redhead outdoor show tries to keep from happening. Two cameras, no re-enactments, "real Hunting." It's not the best show out there but at least they try to keep it real.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Reloder28

On the other hand, I saw an episode where Larry Weishun missed an admirable So. Tex Monarch 5-7 times in the course of about 20 minutes with his Encore handgun as the buck would leave and then return. At camp he discovered his rear scope base screws were loose.

I can't stand that frickin guy.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by pondjumpr

Tha's what the Redhead outdoor show tries to keep from happening. Two cameras, no re-enactments, "real Hunting." It's not the best show out there but at least they try to keep it real.

I like the Drury videos. They at least seem real. When they blood trail, the camera man is BEHIND the hunter. I could deal without all the fist pumping and jumping around in the stand though. A fist pump is alright I guess, if I shot a 160, I'd probably do something. I don't know but I hope to find out.

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Reloder28

I like Larry but he needs to put the pistol up. I has missed to many deer with it over the past couple years. Last week on Versus he skimmed one on the belly at 75 yards with it.

Whatever a 7x57 can do a 270 can do better.

True fair chase is you in the woods buttnaked with nothing but your finger nails and teeth.

If you'e fixin' to put a hole in something, make it a hole to remember.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Imagine how many Weishun misses that aren't caught on film.

Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character. (Winston Wolf - Pulp Fiction)
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by tzone

... I could deal without all the fist pumping and jumping around in the stand though. A fist pump is alright I guess, if I shot a 160, I'd probably do something. I don't know but I hope to find out.

Me too, on hoping to find out. I'd probably pee my pants and scurry out of the blind. No one wants to fistbump with someone who's just peed his pants in excitement. whistle

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
OP, perhaps it was a see thru cover? Doubt it.

I have met Larry and he seems like a great guy. But I cringe when he pulls that pistol out.
I decided long ago the challenge of the hunt should not be determined by the difficulty of the shot, and should be the difficulty of the opportunity to get a sure shot. Once my decision to kill is made, I don't expect any other result.

stumpy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,475 guests, and 705 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.