Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#19362809 04/05/24
domit Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
who has seen and got pictures of white deer. saw my first here in tn. a few weeks ago. pictures are not good too far with cell phone.

GB1

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not entirely white, but I enjoyed finding and photographing this piebald mule deer doe in central Washington:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Regards, Guy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cascade
Not entirely white, but I enjoyed finding and photographing this piebald mule deer doe in central Washington:

Regards, Guy

Great Photo.

I use to manage a Ranch down around San Saba, TX in the TX Hill Country that had 3 albino whitetail does on it. Never saw a Buck, like that, on the ranch. One of the does had an albino fawn one year, but I guess the coyotes got it. I made sure nobody shot the does.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
See them occasionally in Virginia and Wva.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Have seen a couple of piebalds over the years in this part of Pa. Can’t recall seeing an all white one though.

Dale

This space for rent

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
I don’t have a picture but a late buddy of mine shot a piebald buck in Maine years ago. Small of body big rack, 10 point. Once word got out a few locals stopped by our camp to see the freak. The best comment came from a couple wardens thanking my buddy for killing it before it breeds. If a deer could get Down’s syndrome Larry shot one.

Last edited by Mike_S; 04/07/24.
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
i seen albino buck when i was 13 or 14yo. my dad (RIP) shot a piebald doe when i was around 18 - 19yo. a couple of years later i seen 2 albino bucks that were going together. we would go out on our lunchbreak to see the 2 bucks. about 12-15 yo i had a piebald adolescent doe show up every day at my tree-stand, 5:15pm or thereabouts. then in rifle season, someone shot her on another guy's property.

i don't know if i'd call the doe piebald, but 4 or 5 years ago, i killed an old doe that had fist sized patch of white hair behind the left shoulder.

the hunting legend states that if you kill an albino deer, it will be the last deer that the hunter killed.

"Russia sucks."
---- Me, US Army (retired) 12B & 51B

Russian Admiral said, after the Moskva sank, "we have the world's worst navy but we aren't as bad as our army".

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’ve seen one with some white, certainly was odd looking

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
These pictures were taken in my front yard a few years ago.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

“Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person”
-Fred Bear
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
LL Cote in Errol NH has a stuffed white moose. It’s quite interesting.

The way life should be.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Piebald is caused by a defective recessive gene. Sometimes, but not always, the same gene defect causes skeletal defects like short legs, extreme overbite, and a hunched back. They need to be cleaned out of the gene pool.
I've never seen one myself.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Piebald is caused by a defective recessive gene. Sometimes, but not always, the same gene defect causes skeletal defects like short legs, extreme overbite, and a hunched back. They need to be cleaned out of the gene pool.
I've never seen one myself.

It's bad Mojo to kill them.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
We had a 6 point hanging around the farm that we hunt a few years ago. My son said he was going to shoot it if he had a chance. I told him that he had enough bad luck, he didn't need anymore. The following year, he wasn't around anymore.

This doe was hanging around my house for a couple of years until she got hit by a car.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Troutnut
See them occasionally in Virginia and Wva.

There were some around Dulles airport years back. Used to see them along 28. Also saw one on 15 between Leesburg and Aldie.

I drove all over Hell and back working third shift for Mother Bell; Upperville to Gunston, Bluemont to Mount Vernon.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I killed a piebald doe in 2021. Got her hide tanned and it now hangs on my bedroom wall. I've had two fabulous seasons since so the bad luck thing is pure hokum just as I knew it was.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
1 in 267,000 whitetails carry the gene that will allow all or part of its skin to not have pigment, and both parents must have the gene, so if you have piebalds you have either too many deer or there is inbreeding going on.

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
No pictures but there is an area near my home where we often see deer with what we call gray hair. Not really piebald but looks like tips of hair is gray along the spne area an a bit down the sides.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a couple of pictures of all white albino deer, but can’t post here. If you will send me a phone number that will accept a text, I’ll be happy to sent to you. Send me a PM.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Over the last 10 years or so, Cookie had a run of 4 black mule deer does and a single black buck. None to be seen in in the fall of 2023 though.

They've were posted here a couple years back.

Link to black deer

Last edited by 1minute; 3 hours ago.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I've seen 3 piebald does, but no bucks and no albinos.

A piebald whitetail in NH and 2 piebald muleys, 1 south of Leadville, Colorado, just off U.S. 24, and 1 near Chimney Rock in western Nebraska.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

626 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 59 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,573
Posts18,453,908
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.