24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
nevets Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey Guys! Im pretty new to this sight but decided i would post up on a little project. I got the itch to do a little project with grandpa's Texan. As soon as it was passed down to me i slapped a 3-9x40 Nikon Prostaff on it, Ran a box of ammo through it and called it good. I carried it in the woods a few times but never had a shooter walk my way while it was in my hands.

Now the idea of a scout rifle has been floating around in my head for a little while ever since i first saw some pics on the marlinowners sight of some lever gun scouts. I actually went and bought me bolt action .308 for a platform for my scout. During a lot of thinking on how i was going to go about it since there are no bolt on parts for it i kept looking over at that ol' Texan 336 sitting in the gun rack... so a few days ago i sold that .308 for a little bit of a profit and immediately went home to order some parts for my 336.

So in the mail, I currently have a Skinner Tactical Winged Sight, Skinner taller front post, a XS Scout rail, Quick Detach scope rings and a BSA 2x20 EER scope on the way. I know the scope isn't the best but i don't have the money to get a higher quality one at the moment and for $40 i figured it would last me till i get a nicer one. I pulled the Prostaff and base off of the Marlin and will be putting it on the ought six, and the scope off the ought six on a air rifle. Three Birds with one stone!!! Also interested in the Wild West Guns Trigger Happy Kit. Would really like to lighten the trigger up a little but it isnt horrible right now. Anything else i should consider while i am breaking the bank on this project?

Hoping the Skinner sights make it here by Saturday, the other stuff just shipped today so i will start looking for it next week. Really looking forward to this build so follow along as i make this gun something cool.

Thanks guys and please follow along over the next little while as i make this happen.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Didn't I read this same post on another forum?

nevets Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes sir you did didn't figure it would be a big deal to show my project to two groups of people. I'm sure some people are in both groups but they'll live.

Last edited by nevets; 01/04/13.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Shouldn't be a problem. I was just amused. LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The trigger is a great item, I have them in half my marlins. You should invest the money in a scope first.

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 01/04/13.
IC B2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
88 members (338reddog, 21, 308ld, 300_savage, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 12 invisible), 1,131 guests, and 499 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,186,241
Posts18,371,449
Members73,765
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.