Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#6946805 10/07/12
dubePA Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
After years of bitchin' about these things (no love for the plastic barrel bands/painted receiver), received a new one last week as a "Thanks" for services rendered to an org I'm involved with.

Beautiful wood, will say that much and since my name is laser engraved in the stock, guess I'm stuck with it. Took it out to the range today to see how it be doin'. Slick action, very nice trigger and it's pretty accurate. So I reckon I'll STHU now about Henrys?

whistle

On the other hand, I'm not getting rid of my trusty M39A, either. ;O)

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dubePA

On the other hand, I'm not getting rid of my trusty M39A, either. ;O)

Well put.
I've had a love hate relationship going with a little Henry Frontier in 22WMR for a few years now.
All in all, It's a great little rifle as far as smooth function and accuracy goes but they're not the heir-loom classic Henry would have you believe. They are from my limited experience a well made and reliable piece at a fair price (IMO) if ya can get past the paint and plastic parts. I went with the Frontier model so no plastic, but the reciever cover's painted like the rest of em.
Just replaced the Skinner rear sight with a Williams sight yesterday. The Skinner was "OK?" but I like the aperture closer to the eye like a real "Peep" sight's supposed to be. Haven't shot it with the new sight yet, but I already like it.

Williams
[Linked Image]
Skinner
[Linked Image]
FWIW,,,, if your trigger has allot of creep you can send it back and they'll fix it.
Don't know why they don't just fix it to begin with other than the fact that just like most manufacturers these days, they let the consumer do their job were QC's concerned and then brag about their great CS.

Anyway,,, enjoy the new Henry.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I just made a swap today for a new in the box engraved 1 of 1000 .22 GB I got a pretty good deal on it I thought so I went for it. I plan on passing it down to my grandson that just passed the bar exam after graduating with honors from Law School in Chicago. He started hunting at a young age and killed his first deer at 12. He already has a good start on a collection of guns and Randal knives, I think he'll like this one from his grandpa..
http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-goldenboy-deluxe2.cfm

"We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past"
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Henry always offers good deals on the 22's to Hunter's Ed organizations and I've always thought about getting one. But I still have my 1972 Ithaca Saddlegun which is still a tack-driver and more fun than a box o' rocks! One in 22 WMR would be da' bomb!

Ret USN
NRA Life, NAHC Life
Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ..... lasts forever.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Been thinking about picking one up thanks for the info

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by RWL99
I just made a swap today for a new in the box engraved 1 of 1000 .22 GB I got a pretty good deal on it I thought so I went for it. I plan on passing it down to my grandson that just passed the bar exam after graduating with honors from Law School in Chicago. He started hunting at a young age and killed his first deer at 12. He already has a good start on a collection of guns and Randal knives, I think he'll like this one from his grandpa..
http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-goldenboy-deluxe2.cfm

Hey, very nice rifle to hand down to the deserving grandson. Don't need anymore grandson's do you??? grin

Mark

USE ENOUGH GUN (Ruark) and YOU CAN'T EVER HAVE TOO MANY (me)
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
FWIW, Skinner now makes/markets a clip-on peep sight that clamps to the Henry receiver cover grooves on the Standard & Frontier models.

It's vitrually identical to the one on this 9422:

[Linked Image]

It ain't no fun, when the rabbit's got the gun

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

651 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,511 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,633
Posts18,455,226
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.